- Love this man so much. The actor George Takei, who plays himself in a new documentary, on the coming-out process, “Star Trek” and feuding with Shatner. A documentary, “To Be Takei,” opens in select cities and on VOD and iTunes Aug. 22. The film is a low-key depiction of Takei’s domestic life with (lucky!) husband Brad Altman, as well as his fairly packed schedule.
“I was going to gay bars, having affairs”: George Takei on the torments of life in the closet (Salon)
- It has taken New York State almost 20 years in the Legislature, and the last year in the Assembly to finally change New York police officers’ practices of detaining women carrying multiple condoms (4+, usually) on charges of prostitution.
Carrying Condoms Is No Longer A Crime In NYC (Kinsey Confidential)
- War Machine (legal name of Koppenhaver), who was arrested Friday afternoon in Simi Valley, Calif., on suspicion of beating adult performer Christy Mack, will be held without bail. A witness told KTLA-TV that a Taser was involved in the apprehension of War Machine at a local hotel. He could spend up to 32 years in prison if convicted on all counts, authorities say.
No Bail for War Machine; Taser Used When Apprehended, Witness Says, War Machine Faces Up to 32 Years in Prison, Nevada D.A. Says (XBIZ)
- the 9th episode of True Blood’s final season titled Love is to Die, fans finally got to see the highly anticipated sex scene between Eric and his slave, Ginger. Actress Tara Buck said, “Before I actually saw the script, Alex [Skarsgard] said to me, “Have you read the script? They finally wrote it! We finally do it.” I was like, “We do?” And he was just laughing,” she added.
True Blood’s Tara Buck on Ginger and Eric Sex Scene: ‘This is a Victory for Team Ginger’ (International Business Times UK, sound alert)
- Police say a New Mexico woman who was arrested for allegedly poisoning her roommates admitted that she did so because they caught her having sex with their dogs.
Woman Allegedly Poisoned Roommates After They Caught Her Having Sex With Dogs (Huffington Post)
- Gavin McInnes, the co-founder of Vice magazine and current CCO of Rooster, an ad agency he founded in 2010, has been asked to take an “indefinite leave of absence” from Rooster after publishing an article titled “Transphobia Is Perfectly Natural” on Thought Catalog.
Gavin McInnes Asked to Take Leave of Absence After Transphobic Article (Gawker)
- Kenneth Douglas admitted to having sex with the corpses between 1976 and 1992 when he worked as a morgue attendant. The extent of his crimes came to light after families of Douglas’s victims were told they could sue by a federal appeals court on Friday.
Ohio man admits to having sex with up to 100 dead women (NY Daily News)
- McAfee, the cyber security firm, released a study earlier this year of “more than 1,500 consumers” and found that more than half (54%) “send or receive intimate content including video, photos, emails and messages.” It found that one in three American adults have filmed sexual content on their mobile devices. Digging deeper, McAfee reported that 70 percent of 18- to 24-year-olds receive sexually suggestive content and that (among those using mobile devices) more males than females do so (61% vs. 48%). It also found that 45 percent of adults stored the sexts they received while 40 percent stored the ones they sent. Among those who sent “intimate or racy content,” three-fourths (77%) sent it to their significant other, while only 1 in 10 sent such content to a total stranger.
We are all sexters now: America’s favorite amateur porn (Salon)
- Raising children in societies that adhere to rigid gender roles, with fixed ideas about what should be considered “masculine” and “feminine,” can actually be detrimental to their physical and mental health, according to a study that observed 14-year-olds’ interactions over a three month period.
Forcing Kids To Stick To Gender Roles Can Actually Be Harmful To Their Health (Think Progress, via Carol Queen)
- “The latest panic is that kinky people will lure vanilla children into our sexual hellscape through trendy pop cultural depictions of BDSM, such as Fifty Shades of Grey. This nonsense is annoying, but it’s also nothing new. It does, however, raise a question that is often discussed in sexual subcultures but rarely mentioned in the mainstream: Is kink a sexual orientation?”
Is Kink a Sexual Orientation? (Slate)
- According to BitTorrent monitoring site Scan Eye (in a report showing only downloads from 178 computers that were all located in Pyngonyang), people in North Korea download Angry Birds, Tiny Troopers, British shows like Top Gear and downloads of “Japanese and American pornography.” One download was even for HBO doc Manhunt: The Search for Bin Laden.
North Koreans Love Downloading Angry Birds, Porn (Betabeat)