Respected sex educator and internationally controversial performance artist Midori is seeking written submissions from women about orgasm, in your own words. As a writing project it sounds enviably exciting: she is looking for first-person accounts from women describing the experience, feeling and sensation of orgasm. I really hope to eventually get to read the results; I would really, really like to get an idea of what it’s like for other women. Here is Midori’s call for submissions (re-posted from The Sex Carnival; also disclosure – Midori is a personal friend). Writing is due to Midori by the end of August 2010, and now, in her words:
I turn to you, dear readers, for some juicy material needed for a very special project. I am collecting women’s accounts of the physical experience their orgasms. I’m really hoping that some of you can help me out with this. Feel free to pass it on to any women or lists with women who might be interested.
Details – I am seeking first-person descriptions from women about their orgasms.
• Who: You are a woman, 18 years or older, who have experienced one or more variety of orgasms. (Transwomen! I want your unique perspectives too!)
• What: Essay of clear and detailed description of your orgasm, from start to finish, focusing on the physical experience, expressed in your own words. When does it start? What’s the hint of it? Where does it start? How does it move through your body? What sort of sensations? Imagine trying to illustrate your orgasm to a person who’s never had it.
• If you have more than one type of orgasm each variety would be written in a separate essay piece. (The get-to-sleep quickie, the deep one, the surprise one, the long building one, solo-sex one, when getting oral sex, etc…)
• How Long? As long as it takes for you to describe it. It may be a couple of paragraphs or couple of pages.
• Credit line: How would you like your essay to be credited? You’ll have one or two lines.
• Editing: At most I will edit for grammar, spelling and simple readability. I want to keep it as true to your original narrative and tone as possible.
• When: No later than end of August
• Send to midori AT fhp-inc DOT com
• Please make sure that there’s an e mail I can reliably reach you at. I may have some questions around editing or some other detail.
I’m happy to answer any questions on this. Thank you!
Photo by the incredible Julia Comita.