- The Pope will have immunity from prosecution regarding the mishandling of child sex crimes by staying within the walls of the Vatican, according to an anonymous Vatican source. Reuters reported Friday, Feb. 15, that church sources have explained that the retiring Pope Benedict would be “defenseless” if he leaves the Vatican.
The Pope seeks immunity from child sex crime conspiracy investigation (Examiner; also Reuters has what looks to me like Vatican-issued PR on the topic)
- This is a total puff piece about 3D printing and sex toys (there is not currently a home-printing sex toy phenomenon). But don’t miss where Thingiverse’s lawyer said that Thingiverse has disallowed CAD files of sex toy blueprints on its website because, “We want to be open-source but we have to draw the line. You can’t post that stuff here.” Which shows us all how they really feel about open source. As in, Thingiverse will allow the red-headed stepchild of innovation (known as open source) into their house, but they ‘have to draw the line’ at family photos…
Cheap 3D printers fuel home-printed sex toy “phenomenon” (Dezeen)
- Great news! The number one sex-ed website for young adults – our beloved Scarleteen – now has live IM sex advice!
Scarleteen Live! (Scarleteen)
- Rock’n’roll pioneer Chubby Checker is suing two computer companies for allowing his name to be used as the title of an app that guesses the size of a man’s penis.
Chubby Checker sues Hewlett-Packard over app to measure penis size (Guardian UK)
- Sasha Grey did an interview with The Daily Beast about her new film “Would You Rather,” transitioning from porn to Hollywood, her penchant for “extreme” sexuality, and much more.
Hollywood’s Favorite Ex-Porn Star: A Chat With Sasha Grey (The Daily Beast)
- New York porn performers (female) do “the porn Harlem Shake” and it’s as exactly as unimaginative as mainstream porn can be :(
Woodrocket: The Harlem Shake Naked (Porn Edition) (Wood Rocket)
- Behind the scenes filming “The Harlem Shake Naked (Porn Edition).” Porn Harlem Shake, Behind the Scenes (ANIMAL)
- A billboard making oral sex jokes and featuring porn star and Charlie Sheen “goddess” Bree Olson is currently up on a busy street corner in Chicago.
Porn Ads Reaching New Mainstream Levels (Buzzfeed)
- File under: censorship is at its most unchecked and frightening extremes when under the banner of fear: Iceland could become the first Western democracy to attempt censorship of the internet under radical proposals to block online pornography.
Iceland considers pornography ban (Telegraph)
- Good news. The sex ed reform bill we wanted has made it closer to the finish line: Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), and 32 other Democratic politicians re-introduced the “Real Education for Healthy Youth Act” on Thursday, legislation that would “expand comprehensive sex education programs in schools and ensure that federal funds are spent on effective, age-appropriate, medically accurate programs.”
Lawmakers Introduce Sweeping Sex Ed Bill To Expand LGBT Inclusive, Gender Balanced Health Classes (Think Progress)
- Maggie Mayhem has written a lengthy rage-post about her troubling personal experiences working at Kink.com, and levies a number of strong accusations at founder and CEO Peter Acworth (and others) who she says have shaped and participated in what she describes as a dark behind-the-scenes culture.
Tales Of Kink.Com (Maggie Mayhem Speaks)
- Mayhem’s post followed news of Acworth’s arrest for possession of cocaine after a video was posted online of guns being shot in the Armory (there is a decommissioned shooting range in the Armory’s basement).
Fetish Porn Mogul Arrested for Cocaine Possession By Cops Investigating Indoor Shooting Range In His Dungeon (Gawker)
- Singapore is seeing an increasing number of cases involving males tricked and blackmailed by foreign females on social networking sites over Webcam-recorded sexual acts.
More Singapore males blackmailed over Webcam acts (ZDNet)
- Meet Crave’s Duet, a dual-headed vibrator that charges via USB and can store up to 16GB of digital stuff. Half of it is the rechargeable battery with the Flash memory—convenient to store all your porn—and the other half is the dual-headed vibe.
Duet Vibrator Comes With Up to 16GB of Storage—Wait, What? (Gizmodo)
- Adult-film actress Aurora Snow on why some women love her work.
Porn Isn’t Just For Men! Why Women Love Watching (The Daily Beast)
- Google is trying to figure out the cause of a mysterious search bug that returns pages and pages of almost exclusively pornographic and adult results when users enter certain equations or search strings.
Google Search Glitch Serves Up Porn Results, Links (Sydney Morning Herald)
“Penis Beasts, which kind of ruined the point.”
You mean, “made the game worthwhile to play” I think :D
The Observer (Sunday sister paper of the Guardian in the UK) had a front page story about the Iceland porn ban attempts with a prediction from Gail Dines it would come to the UK soon. The comment piece was surprisingly balanced (at least for the Guardian group) mentioning teaching under-age kids about relationships alongside sex-ed before they start seeing porn but was spoiled with rent-a-quote Claire Perry going off on another anti-porn rant and the general angle was still anti-porn without really any mention of studies showing a lack of harm or addiction from watching porn.
If the law says no porn until you are 18 and R18 rated stuff (aka penetration and above) is controlled by restricting sales to licensed sex shops only (or bought from outside the UK even if it’s a UK company basing themselves the 26 miles over the channel for some laughable reason) then that’s fine and underage people should not be accessing it. However, teaching kids about relationships and the difference between fantasy and reality is for the parents not a state run censorship program.
More details here – http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/16/children-relationships-sex
Spore devolved pretty quickly into a menagerie of Penis Beasts, which kind of ruined the point.
Gotta come in here and post a link to Shine Louise Houston doing the Harlem Shake… which was the first I’d seen of it. Had to educate myself about the whole meme. See, porn is such a useful social tool! The vid includes bonus Jiz Lee in a fridge!