- UK ISPs have come out against default internet filtering of adult content, telling a government consultation that proposals to block content are neither necessary nor effective.
UK ISPs dismiss calls for default porn blocks (PC Pro)
- A respected feminist pornographer reviews the new book After Pornified: How Women Are Transforming Pornography and Why It Matters and concludes that it’s a much-needed discussion of the growth of alternative, feminist, female-driven porn, sans the usual hysteria that accompanies academic discussions of adult material.”
After Pornified: Review (Ms. Naughty)
- Trichomoniasis is a common STD caused by the parasite Trichomoniasis and can go unnoticed in the male body; research has found a correlation between having it and developing prostate cancer.
The STD That Can Lead to Prostate Cancer (Men’s Health News)
- As told to Rachel Rabbit White: “Most of the guys who call me do it on a lark. They find me on Niteflirt, which is an online directory for phone sex. I am the only “sex psychic” on the site which gives me an edge.”
Career Confidential: The “Sex Psychic” Who Can See Your Past Lives (Buzzfeed)
- I want to tell you what Vivid’s iOS app is about, but reading Fox News explain web apps and capitalize “Web” and use it in place of the word ‘internet’ is just too distracting.
Vivid’s porn app puts the ‘O’ in iPhone (Fox News)
- Seven rent-to-own companies and a software maker are settling charges with the Federal Trade Commission that rental computers illegally used spyware that took “pictures of children, individuals not fully clothed, and couples engaged in sexual activities.”
Rent-to-Own Laptops Secretly Photographed Users Having Sex, FTC Says (Wired)
- Indeed: Bacchus writes, “This Huffington Post interview with Peter Acworth, founder of Kink.com (which HuffPo describes as “the largest fetish porn production company in the world”), is more fascinating to me because of what Peter does not say about his business”
A (Silent) View On The Future Of Porn (ErosBlog: The Sex Blog)
- In an excellent neuroscience-view takedown of Naomi Wolf’s assertions about dopamine and female desire (and sexual dysfunction), The Neurocritic gives a succinct scientific take on what women “need” sexually – and why studies on rats just don’t cut it.
Of Mice and Women: Animal Models of Desire, Dread, and Despair (The Neurocritic)
- Backpage.com may be gone, but sex ads are set to stay at the alt weeklies formerly owned by Village Voice Media.
Print Sex Ads Will Remain at Newly-Formed Voice Media Group (Observer)
- In case you missed the ::headdesk of the week in sex: “In my high-school health class they taught us that women pee through the clitoris.”
26 Ridiculous Sex-Ed Fails (Buzzfeed)
- Nineteen former and current U.S. soldiers and airmen filed suit Friday in San Francisco, claiming top military brass deprived them of constitutional rights by failing to go after their sexual predators.
Soldiers file sexual abuse lawsuit in San Francisco against Leon Panetta, other top military brass (San Jose Mercury News)
Image: Tanya Dakin.