- Daily Mail creates a moral porn panic to force the UK government into filtering its citizens’ internet access (and it’s working), Google says parents are better than porn filters, and the birth of the datasexual.
Sex Tech: CP Honeypot, UK Porn Filter Panic, Groupon, Datasexuals (Pulp Tech)
- A jury today found fetish filmmaker Ira Isaacs guilty on five counts of violating federal obscenity laws. His films contained shit-eating and women having sex with dogs.
Ira Isaacs Found Guilty on Five Counts of Federal Obscenity (XBIZ)
- Fox News actually did a great job in writing about Jiz Lee’s university lecture about being a genderqueer porn star, and handled Jiz’ gender properly. WEIRD.
Campus-sponsored talk by porn star raises eyebrows at Williams College (Fox News)
- A German researcher set out to determine if he could make ordinary undergrads more attractive to the opposite sex by teaching them pickup artist techniques. The experiment was a big success, but it also had unintended consequences.
Study: Pickup Artist Training Works, But Makes You Feel Bad About Yourself (Buzzfeed)
- Adult film star Savanna Samson talks to ABC News and goes on 20/20 tonight to talk about being a mom and a porn star.
Savanna Samson: Confessions of a Porn Star-Turned-Mom (ABC News, video autoplay warning)
- Erika Lust guest writes for Marie Claire Spain about her life as a female porn director – she has translated it into English and it’s well worth a read.
Marie Claire: How Do You Tell Your Daughters That You Direct Adult Films? (Erika Lust)
- The man on the graphic photo below is a 42-year-old shop owner in the Meilan District of Haikou City, in Hainan, that big island south of mainland China. A 41-year-old woman killed him by squeezing his testicles.
Woman Kills Man By Squeezing His Testicles (Gizmodo)
- Madison Young, kinky feminist porn performer, director, and producer, spoke at a panel discussion last night at Apexart gallery as part of their exhibition Consent. It also included Sinnamon Love, Tina Horn, Dan Reilly, Museum of Sex curator Sarah Forbes, and Cindy Gallop.
Talking About Porn With the People Who Make It (The Measure)
- This article illustrates the ignorant sexist douchebaggery in Silicon Valley startup and app scene, something I’ve experienced and witnessed quite a lot – and it’s a compelling, much-needed article. However, I link with the caveat that I completely disagree with what Shanley Kane did and how she went about it.
“Gangbang Interviews” and “Bikini Shots”: Silicon Valley’s Brogrammer Problem (Mother Jones)
- The NYT spoke with Maggie Gyllenhaal about her new film about the birth of the vibrator – “Hysteria” – and why there are still so few good sex scenes.
Tribeca: Maggie Gyllenhaal on Sex Scenes From a Woman’s Perspective (NYTimes.com)
- These intrepid reviewers took to Yelp to explain just what was wrong with the butts, boobs, “ding a lings,” and general attitudes at the strip clubs of their choice.
13 Surprisingly Thorough Yelp Reviews Of Strip Clubs (Buzzfeed)
- Great interview with Dan Savage. His column Savage Love has run for 20 years (!) and is syndicated in over 60 newspapers, his It Gets Better Project has helped countless gay teens cope with bullying, and MTV tapped him to bring his trademark wit to college campuses for its new TV show Savage U.
So What Do You Do, Dan Savage, Nationally Syndicated Sex Columnist? (Mediabistro)
- A standing ovation for this post: “I wasn’t far into the story when I realized that Fifty Shades of Grey not only sets people who live a BDSM lifestyle back decades in terms of being understood by society, but that it eroticizes dangerous practices as well, especially for those who are new to this aspect of sexuality and looking to incorporate it into their lives.”
The Troubling Message in Fifty Shades of Grey (BlogHer)
Image via David LaChapelle’s Eden for Flaunt Magazine.