- Ask a Porn Star: Jiz Lee (OhJoySexToy, excerpt above via)
- Web ads directing users to malicious sites have surpassed porn as the leading source of mobile malware, according to a new report from security and networking solutions provider Blue Coat Systems. Today, one in every five times a mobile user encounters malware, it’s through a tainted web ad.
Web ads eclipse porn as leading source of mobile malware (ZDNet)
- “[In Iran] women can still risk detention for getting caught with a male “acquaintance” who is not a husband or close relative. This was the offense that brought me to the station at sunset when my translator, Ahmed Saremi, got a call from his 24-year-old daughter. She’d been busted for having tea with her boyfriend in a city park.”
My (Brief) Detention By Iran’s Morality Police (NPR)
- Sexual aggression has become a common experience in bars. New findings show that approximately 90 percent of the incidents involve male initiators and female targets. The initiators’ level of invasiveness was related to intoxication of the targets but not their own intoxication. This suggests that intoxicated women were being targeted, perhaps perceived as easier or more blameworthy.
Blurred lines? Sexual boundaries are not really all that blurred (Science Daily)
- A plus-size sex ed film is on the way! Adult film star Jessica Drake and award winning BBW (Big Beautiful Woman) performer and cutie-pie “size acceptance advocate” Kelly Shibari in collaboration with Wicked Pictures will be releasing a sex education video specifically researched and produced for plus-sized individuals.
Wicked Pictures set to release plus size sex education DVD (Examiner)
- “Imagine you slipped on an Oculus Rift, and in that virtual world you existed as a person that was not your gender in the real world. You’d look down and see a body that didn’t feel like yours. Your voice wouldn’t sound the way you’d like to express yourself. In some cases the sexual options available to your character don’t match your sexual feelings. Now imagine you’d never be able to remove that VR helmet again.”
Gaming is my safe space: Gender options are important for the transgender community (Polygon)
- This sucks. “Come May Day – May 1st – unless something radically changes, Scarleteen will begin a strike.” But is cutting services the right thing to for Scarleteen to get the money it needs? I hope they get their funding :(
May Day 2014: Scarleteen Strikes (Or, With Your Help, We Don’t.) (Scarleteen)
- The Duke University freshman whose participation in porn movies sparked much campus discussion in recent weeks has revealed her face and porn name. Belle Knox grabbed national headlines and made racked up nine videos since December – including one with the adult industry’s biggest male star, James Deen in Three Way Is The Best Way – image above, via. (I also found her in They Only Look Innocent, and here).
Duke porn star has 9 videos under her belt (News Observer)
- Project ROSE is a Phoenix city program that arrests sex workers in the name of saving them. In five two-day stings, more than 100 police officers targeted alleged sex workers on the street and online. They brought them in handcuffs to the Bethany Bible Church. There, the sex workers were forced to meet with prosecutors, detectives, and representatives of Project ROSE, who offered a diversion program to those who qualified. Those who did not may face months or years in jail.
Project ROSE Is Arresting Sex Workers in Arizona to Save Their Souls (VICE)
- Awesome!!! Progressive Bay Area porn studio Pink & White Productions has launched a monthly workshop series, CRASHCOURSE: More Buck for your Bang, lead by Pink & White Productions’ Online Marketing Director Jiz Lee. The workshop is designed to teach performers how to make extra money from their scenes by marketing their work with affiliate programs.
Pink & White Launches Online Marketing Workshop (XBIZ)
- Bravo. “It seems silly that I even have to say this, but when some people think about homosexuality and kids, they imagine that you’re suggesting they graphically describe intercourse to kindergarteners. Um, no. All you should be doing is answering the questions they’re asking, and save the rest for junior high health class.”
How to Talk To Your Children About Gay Parents (Scary Mommy)
- MyGirlFund isn’t quite a cam girl service, although there are “sex cam” options on it; nor is it a sugar baby/daddy hookup site, even though money does change hands in exchange for company. Described in its FAQ as an “online community where guys and girls are able to interact in a casual and fun environment,” it’s probably closest to a social networking community with an adult spin. Guys can log on and find girls to be their online-only girlfriends, “sponsoring” them in exchange for interactions. Face-to-face meetings are a no-no.
Mygirlfund Site Offers Virtual Girlfriends to Lonely Guys (Bustle)
- LA Times says this press release about a survey is a study. The fabricated HTML is an STD setup is a brilliant marketing ploy by the company, but don’t fall for it. LAT responded to a journalism ethics group, but did not fix the piece or its egregious headline.
1 in 10 Americans think HTML is an STD, study finds (LA Times)