- Radiation shield boxers: While harm from cell-phone rays has so far been lacking sufficient scientific proof, a US firm wants men to take no chances with radiation. Boxer shorts made with the use of thin silver textile “absorb radiation” will help “protect men’s reproductive organs and maintain fertility health,” according to their producer, Manhattan-based Belly Armor company.
Radiation-proof, sperm-friendly boxers launched (RT; also ABC)
- Kink and seeing your doctor. As more people embrace their inner kinkster, doctors need to know the details to provide quality health care. This can be complicated.
Coming Out Kinky to Your Doctor, in Black and Blue (Daily Beast)
- News outlets were quick to cover the launch of Titcoin, because it’s good fun and good click-bait to put porn and tech trends together. But what, then, has Titcoin done to be adult-industry friendly, other than insert ‘Tit’ into its name?
Why Is Wall Street Taking ‘Titcoin’ Seriously? (Playboy; please note that the editor is responsible for the title of my article)
- Porn tube sites now run the adult industry. Founded in 2007 by Canadians Stephane Manos and Ouissam Youssef, MindGeek (formerly known as Manwin and Mansef) has over 100 million daily visitors and is one of the top 10 consumers of bandwidth; some reports have them in the top three. They operate nearly a hundred websites that in total consume more bandwidth than Twitter, Amazon, or Facebook.
Mindgeek porn monopoly: Its dominance is a cautionary tale for other industries. (Slate)
- A Taiwanese company is taking social networks and teledildonics all the way (finally!) with the beta launch of its tasteful new social network, LovePalz Club. Intended to be paired with the LovePalz Twist (a sex toy with male and female versions that retail for $89 and $79 respectively), it makes use of Bluetooth to connect devices through a cloud server. Once coupled with another Twist, you can control the speed, pattern, and pressure of the vibrations felt by your partner.
Adult Social Network Connects Strangers via Sex Toys (Future of Sex)
— Courtney Trouble (@courtneytrouble) October 22, 2014
— Jake Jaxson (@cockyboys) October 22, 2014
- The Berlin Porn Film Festival (official site) is having another epic year — I’m sad to miss it. Happy for us, Pandora Blake is blogging her experiences there.
Landing in Berlin (Spanked, Not Silenced)
— Sarah Erdbeermund (@SarahErdbeere) October 22, 2014
- Miami-Dade (Florida) County’s sex offender residency law and housing restrictions are some of the tightest in the country. The ACLU is now challenging that law, and the way it’s been enforced in Miami, with a lawsuit filed Thursday on behalf of the sex offenders.
ACLU Challenges Miami Law On Behalf Of Homeless Sex Offenders (NPR)
- Temporary tattoos as skin ads was covered by the NYT in 2009, and there’s even the brokerage company, Lease Your Body. Show Palace, Long Island City’s self-described “opulent” all-nude cabaret venue is launching SkinAds, an advertising program that will use the backs, stomachs, arms and legs of their performers as ad space. PornHub is the first company to participate in the ad program.
PornHub Now Uses Temporary Tattoos To Advertise On Strippers’ Bodies (New York Observer; thanks Viviane!)
- Kink’s XXX haunted house sounds intense. It should go without saying that Hell In the Armory, the new haunted house attraction in the basement of the infamous Kink.com headquarters, is not for pearl-clutchers.
I Went To ‘Hell In The Armory,’ And I Have A Few Words Of Advice (SFist)
- The absolutism of the fight against vanilla sex (it’s never just like “have fun with it!”) suggests a total lack of awareness re: the actualities of the kink community.
Vanilla Sex: A Perfectly Fine Way to Fuck (Gawker)
- A case of the hiccups that just won’t go away no matter what you do could physically and mentally drain you. Before you take a spoonful of peanut butter or try to scare yourself silly, try to have an orgasm instead.
Sex Yourself To Better Health: 4 Aches And Pains Orgasms Can Cure (Medical Daily)
— PZ Myers (@pzmyers) October 25, 2014
- Ebola and sex: it is transmitted through bodily fluids, but only after a patient begins showing symptoms, experts say. Even though sex involves a high level of bodily fluid exchange — including semen, saliva and sweat — most experts say it isn’t risky if a person is not showing initial flu-like symptoms of the virus such as a high fever, body aches and vomiting or diarrhea.
Sex and Ebola: How risky? (CBS News)
- Aurora Snow wants to know: “The media lost its marbles over a Notre Dame sports star’s date with a porn actor. Gawker “outs” journalists and pols that follow porn stars on Twitter. What’s with the porn hysteria?”
Porn Stars Are People Too, Dammit: Lisa Ann’s Notre Dame Date and the Trolling of David Gregory (Daily Beast)
- A woman has become the first person to be charged under a new ‘revenge porn law’ after posting a naked picture of her ex-boyfriend’s new partner online.
Rachel Lynn Craig is first charged under ‘revenge porn law’ in Virginia (Daily Mail)