- Four designers in California have come up with dirty emoji, and they’re calling it “Flirtmoji” that you can paste into messaging apps as needed. The project launched on Tuesday.
These are NSFW emoji for sexting (The Verge)
- One of the detrimental truths about Silicon Valley is that while the sex industry is enormously lucrative, it’s ghettoized to the point where it’s totally separate from the tech world at large. But the gap is being gently bridged thanks to Snapchat’s launch of Snapcash, its new money-sending service.
Why Snapcash is the new currency for Snapchat porn (Daily Dot)
- On Wednesday morning, just before sunrise, something wonderful happened on Twitter: A trio of bots teamed up to turn actor Taye Diggs into a space dinosaur. They then proceeded to write erotic fanfiction about him.
Robots are writing erotic fanfiction about Taye Diggs as a space dinosaur (Daily Dot)
— Cecilia C. Chung (@cecilia_c_chung) November 21, 2014
- Nearly every two days, a person is killed somewhere in the world for expressing gender nonconformity. As the annual Transgender Day of Remembrance approaches each November 20, the list of the dead who vigilgoers will memorialize steadily grows, filled especially with the names of trans women of color. (My sister and auntie are trans women of color.)
Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We’ve Lost in 2014 (Advocate)
- Learn the Secret Language of Brazilian Transwomen (Medium; image above via)
- This Change.org petition calls out matriarch Michelle Duggar for participating in a robocall campaign against a bill that combats discrimination against LGBT residents in her home state of Arkansas. In the robocall, Duggar specifically attacks transgender individuals, saying the bill “would allow men — yes, I said men — to use women’s and girls’ restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only,” and that some of them would be “males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female.”
Thousands of People are Calling for TLC to Cancel “19 Kids and Counting” (Cosmopolitan)
- Hustler Lingerie announced plans for upcoming plus-size options for its brand of erotic lingerie. “We’re pleased that more women are embracing their curves and stepping outside of their comfort zone with more revealing choices in lingerie,” a Hustler Lingerie representative said.
Hustler Lingerie Announces Upcoming Plus-Size Collection (XBIZ)
- Scientific discovery mingles with stimulation in Britain’s first exhibition about the study of sex, with pioneering sex aids, ancient phallic charms and even a chair credited with inducing orgasms. “The Institute of Sexology — Undress Your Mind” exhibition is named in honour of Magnus Hirschfeld’s research centre of the same name, whose immense archive of sexual research flourished in Berlin during the Weimar Republic.
Erotica galore at London’s first study of sex show (AFP/Tahoo News)
- A chart from Max Einstein’s Data Looks Dope reveals the top 500 video tags in porn. The data comes from Xvideos’ 500 most used tags. The idea is simple, if there are a lot of tags, it’s assumed there’s a lot of demand. (However, that assumption relies on whether or not they are user-created tags, or distributor-assigned tags. A longstanding failing of the porn industry understanding its own viewers is deciding, rather than crowdsourcing, demand.)
The 500 most popular types of porn in one chart (Sploid)
- Would it surprise you to learn that most bros’ awful Tinder pick-up lines aren’t exactly original? On forums across the Web devoted to guns, shoes, pick-up artistry, and bodybuilding, Tinder bros are crowdsourcing the most dumbfounding opening lines they can Google.
Here’s where Tinder bros crowdsource their ridiculous pick-up lines (Daily Dot)
- Sex doesn’t sell, so forget the boudoir shot. Blondes don’t work. Props distract. Couches are fine. Playing with hair is ideal. Those are some of the insights the lingerie company Adore Me has learned from testing the photos of models wearing its sexy products online.
This Lingerie Company A/B Tests The World’s Hottest Women To See Who Makes You Click “Buy” (FastCompany)
- ‘War Machine’ has pled “not guilty” in Nevada to charges that he tried to kill his ex-girlfriend Christy Mack and her friend in an assault in August. Mack suffered 18 broken bones, including a broken nose, missing teeth, a fractured rib and a ruptured liver in the assault.
War Machine Pleads ‘Not Guilty’ (XBIZ)
- Warning for survivors of sexual assault and trauma. A jury this week awarded a Connecticut mother more than $630,000, after she said a man abused her mentally ill daughter in a sadomasochistic sexual relationship to which her daughter was unable to consent.
Mother awarded $630,000 after judge finds man abused her mentally ill daughter (Guardian)
No, @vimeo, I won't be renewing my Plus account because your anti-sex censorship makes it essentially useless to me as a working filmmaker.
— Ms Naughty (@msnaughty) November 21, 2014
- Some pornographers have realized the teledildonics on the market just aren’t good enough yet, as is the case with Oculus game Wicked Paradise, which closed up shop despite heaps of fanfare last year.
When Porn and Virtual Reality Collide (Gizmodo)
- Vice.com has posted a (Timely? Contrived.) in-depth video (loud autoplay warning) feature about the intersection of sex and technology and the emerging virtual reality sector titled “The Digital Love Industry.”
Video: Vice.com Explores Virtual Reality in ‘The Digital Love Industry’ Feature (XBIZ; loud autoplay warning, Vice doesn’t let you turn autoplay it off in its embed code)
- This is GOLD. “Dear Straight People (…) You know that sense of discomfort and alienation that you sometimes feel in our bars? That’s how we feel in virtually every social space we go to, so please do not begrudge us this one public place on Earth where we can pay for the “privilege” to hit on, dance with, and make out with people we actually find attractive without watching our backs.”
Dear straight people, this is how you should act in gay bars (GayStarNews)
— Tantus, Inc. (@tantus) November 21, 2014