In case you missed it, there is a giant butt plug in Paris that they are pretending is s Christmas tree. It's October pic.twitter.com/bxpxUlAiKa
— Kiss Hello (@SugarKovalczyk) October 17, 2014
- The giant inflatable ‘Christmas tree’ butt plug appears to have been vandalised overnight on Friday, hours after its creator admitted being partly inspired by a joke about an anal sex toy. Its 80ft high presence immediately drew outcry from some residents, who said Paris had been “humiliated” by the installation. Others dismissed the sculpture as a “provocation” and called for its removal.
Paris ‘sex toy’ Christmas tree sculpture deflated by vandals (Independent UK)
- “Less than a month ago we were attacked by headlines screaming that the G-spot doesn’t exist, and here we are again, with yet another news source “reporting” (I use that word quite loosely) on yet another “study” “proving” that the G-spot is a “myth” and EVERYONE CALM DOWN AND TOUCH YOUR CLITORIS.”
An Abridged Guide to Decoding Horseshit Articles About the G-spot’s Existenc (Hey Epiphora; see also: my coverage of this same issue in 2010 and 2012 with bonus XKCD comic)
- People who post so-called “revenge porn” pictures and videos on the internet could face two years in jail under a new law. The new Criminal Justice and Courts Bill will have an amendment dealing specifically with the practice.
‘Revenge porn’ illegal under new law (BBC)
- “In an earlier era, a suspicious husband like Jay might have rifled through Ann’s pockets or hired a private investigator. But having stumbled upon Find My iPhone’s utility as a surveillance tool, Jay wondered what other apps might help him keep tabs on his wife.”
The Adultery Arms Race (The Atlantic)
- Instagram user Andrew Quitugua uploaded a video of what has to be the least-unexpected innovation in strip clubs: the urinal peephole.
Of Course There’s A Peephole Above The Urinal In This Strip Club (Digg)
- Jennifer Cramblett is suing a sperm bank for giving her sperm from a donor with a skin color other than the one she requested.
Reparations and the Ohio Sperm-Bank Controversy (The New Yorker)
- Nica Noelle is a veteran porn director and performer turned ASMRtist, who is pioneering what she calls erotic ASMR — Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, a subgenre of YouTube videos that feature soft-speaking, tapping, scratching, and people performing menial tasks like folding clothes or putting on makeup in the hopes of triggering “braingasms,” or a pleasurable, tingling sensation in the head and neck.
The voice of erotic ASMR wants to give porn some love (Daily Dot)
— ErosBlog Bacchus (@ErosBlogBacchus) October 17, 2014
- The 14 women here are not medical experts able to diagnose abnormal penile conditions, so take their stories as personal experiences, not medical descriptions of micropenis (there are other conditions like “inconspicuous penis” or “buried penis” that can be confused for micropenis).
14 Women Tell What It’s Like Having Sex With A Micropenis (Buzzfeed, of course)
- When Stacy Rybchin — founder of a small, New York-based sex-toy startup — tried to sign up for online payment services with Stripe in August, she was turned away. She looked into using Volusion, an online shopping-cart startup, and was again denied. Same with SparkPay.
It’s Hard Out There for a Sex-Toy Entrepreneur (Re/code)
- Denmark is planning to ban bestiality after long-running international pressure over animal welfare. Denmark is one of the few European countries which still allows bestiality. Norway, Sweden and Germany have all banned the practice, leading to a rise in the underground animal sex tourism in Denmark.
Denmark: ‘We have decided that we should ban sex with animals’ (Independent UK)
- Edward Smith told UK TV hosts on This Morning that he first became attracted to cars in 1965.
Smith, whose condition is known as mechanophilia, is sexually attracted to machines – and as well as having sex with cars, has also had a relationship with a helicopter and planes, claiming they are all more arousing to him than women.
Edward Smith has sex with more than 700 cars, lost virginity to a VW Beetle (News AU)
- Sex and the upper classes: A lot of people are passing this op-ed around, though I think it fails because it’s hindered by many flawed assumptions about sexual behavior and about ‘poor people’ — not to mention the narrow procreation-normative (I just had to make a new term) framing about sex.
Is sex only for rich people? (Washington Post)
- “I don’t know much, but I do know for sure that I lost my virginity to an extraterrestrial woman,” says David Huggins. The 70-year-old from Hoboken, New Jersey has been making paintings of his encounters with aliens for many years.
Alien Romance Art Documentary David Higgins (Animal NY)
- HuffPo asked 12 people familiar with the sex industry — including a clinical sexologist, a community advocate for workers’ rights, an attorney in the commercial sex trade, and both current and former sex workers — were asked this question: Is female sex work empowering, “enslaving” … or more complicated than either?
Is Sex Work Empowering Or Enslaving? 12 Experts Weigh In (HuffPo)
- Warning for sexual assault and trauma survivors. Research sheds light on the origins of hazing and suggests it may be losing its effectiveness as homophobia declines.
Better Team Chemistry Through Sexual Assault? (PS Mag)