- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revised its guidelines on Ebola transmission on Sunday night, urging survivors to abstain from all forms of sex or use condoms every time “until more information becomes available,” rather than three months as previously recommended.
Signs Ebola spreads through sex prompt a CDC warning (Seattle Times)
- Laverne Cox, star of Netflix comedy series Orange is the New Black, continues to break new ground for trans awareness this week with a historic nude photoshoot captured by photographer Norman Jean Roy in Allure’s annual “Nudes Issue”.
Laverne Cox Shatters Stereotypes in Nude Photoshoot (Unicorn Booty; image above via)
- Great short interview with Mona Eltahawy about her new book, “Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution.”
Mona Eltahawy Doesn’t Need to Be Rescued (NYT)
— Nerve (@Nerve) April 22, 2015
- Thanks for putting this together, Ms. Naughty! Here are the winners of the 2015 Feminist Porn Awards…
Feminist Porn Awards 2015 – The Winners (Ms. Naughty)
- The SmartBod team, which includes engineers from Google X and Amazon, has been working with sex researchers to develop its product. They’ve constructed approximately 50 prototypes which have been 3D printed at UC Berkeley’s startup labs and accelerators, then tested on a rotating group of about 10 people.
SmartBod: Former Google and Amazon Engineers Reimagine the Technology of Vibrators (Paste Magazine)
- SexShop3D.com has announced its partnership with Authentise, a leading licensing platform for the 3D printing industry. SexShop3D.com is a 3D sex toy marketplace that launched in July, 2014, where designers can register to become sex toy creators and sell their creations to customers who print their sex toys at home using a 3D printer.
SexShop3D Securely Streams 3D Sex Toy Designs (XBIZ)
- Uproxx asked a cross-section of adult performers about the worst reaction they’ve ever gotten from people finding out they did porn. The responses this time out really ran the gamut, from “No one’s every been an assh*le about it” (April O’Neil) and “I’ve never gotten any bad reactions” (Jade Nile), to “A guy threw a rack of napkins on my and called me a whore” (Violet Monroe) and the succinct but effective “I was disowned.” (Rain DeGray).
Porn Stars Describe The Worst Reaction They’ve Ever Gotten From Someone Finding Out They Work In Porn (Uproxx)
- Adult performer Samantha Bentley is back on Game of Thrones. The British adult star, who has amassed more than 75 adult movie credits in the past four years, enjoyed a modest part in the fourth season of the HBO hit series, playing a prostitute in a Bravos bath scene opposite Liam Cunningham’s Davos Seaworth.
Samantha Bentley Discusses Return to ‘Game of Thrones’ (XBIZ)
- Middle school health classes usually have a segment on sex education. Wiseguyz, a nonprofit based in Calgary, Alberta, is working to broaden what “sex ed” can teach youth — specifically, boys between the ages of 13 and 15. Their participants instead talk about weighty issues like masculinity and the hyper-sexualized portrayal of women in media.
Sex Ed That Turns Boys into Men (Medium)
— Pulp Librarian (@PulpLibrarian) April 19, 2015
- A currently-crowdfunding vibrator and app called Little Bird can be connected with digitized erotic short stories to heighten the experience of reading hot writing and sex. The app, called B.Sensory, will be able to be installed on a smartphone, connected with the Little Bird vibe via Bluetooth, and synched with erotic short stories.
New App B.Sensory Connects Your Vibrator With Erotic Literature, Because Sex Toys Just Keep Getting Better (Bustle)
- While sexuality is a taboo subject in Islam, a halal sex shop that caters to Muslims will open soon in Mecca, Saudia Arabia.
Halal Sex Shop Opening For Muslims In Mecca, Saudi Arabia (IB Times)
- The evolutionary significance of penis size has been a topic for abundant speculation, often packaged with the myth that the human phallus is far bigger than in other primates. (Article title is misleading; article does not answer its own question but has an interesting discussion of clitoral and vaginal measurements.)
Does Size Matter for Women? (Psychology Today)
- Denmark passed legislation Tuesday banning bestiality, toughening a law that animal rights activists feared was encouraging animal-sex tourism.
Denmark: Bestiality Is Banned Amid Concerns of Sex Tourism (Reuters/NYT)
- Who’s having the loudest sex in NYC? In all 311 received 133 complaints between Jan. 1, 2014 and Feb. 12, 2015, from people moaning and groaning about their neighbors’ clamorous coitus, records show. (This article includes a fun “loud sex” map of NYC.)
The Most Loud Sex Complaints in New York City Come From This Building: Data (DNA Info)