- It’s satire — but what sweet, sweet satire it is to see male rappers sexualized like female rappers. Genderflip rules.
Male Rappers Pose Provocatively In Support of Nicki Minaj (Tea Breakfast)
- This week’s target of the largely anonymous hivemind is indie game developer Zoe Quinn, who recently released the interactive fiction novel and educational aid Depression Quest. It’s an unusual entry for the gaming genre, but its out-of-the-box thinking is not what pissed off these predominantly male communities—they claim to be mad about an alleged sex scandal wrapped in what they see as a lapse in ethics. It is neither.
The Anti-Feminist Internet Targets ‘Depression Quest’ Game Creator Zoe Quinn (VICE; see also)
- For the first time, we are hearing from the woman who is suing Facebook over the nonconsensual posting of sexually explicit photos which she says damaged her reputation; images which Facebook did not remove for a significant period of time.
Woman sues Facebook for $123 million over ‘revenge porn’ (ABC13)
- The found photographs in Issue #008 of Useful Photography magazine, published by KesselsKramer show images taken from the introductory, non-intimate scenes from adult movies and magazines. I just wish they’d (properly, respectfully) name the actors in the photos.
Ludicrous Images Of Porn Stars In between Sex Scenes (Beautiful Decay, a few more here)
- Why is Guardian so consistently backwards about porn and sex? I know what this article is about – a top HBO exec outlining why the sex scenes shown on Game of Thrones are part of the story – but I can’t figure out why Guardian feels it’s newsworthy.
Game of Thrones broadcaster HBO defends scenes of sex, violence and rape (Guardian)
- The ‘Sex Box’ is an ‘extreme sex therapy’ show on WE that has couples talk to sex advisors about their issues in bed. Then they go and have sex in a soundproof box. Afterward, they come out and talk about it. WE tv announced it has ordered nine episodes of “Sex Box,” adapted from the British series of the same name, that will air in 2015.
Sex sells! WE reality show ‘Sex Box’ lets couples get busy on set (NY Daily News)
- A Japanese manufacturer of realistic sex dolls Orient Industry, is on a PR campaign to tell media that business is booming, hooking outlets with a claim that their dolls are so realistic, its possible to mistake them for real people.
Japanese Sex Dolls Are Now Being Mistaken For Real Women (So Bad, So Good; likely sourced here, via Thomas Roche)
- In a new article for MensHealth.com, sociologist Chauntelle Tibbals, Ph.D. takes readers inside the world of adult entertainment with the intention of deconstructing the myths surrounding male porn stars.
Chauntelle Tibbals Deconstructs Male Porn Star Myth for MensHealth.com (XBIZ)
- Security researcher Cathal McDaid, who tracks spam on behalf of telcos and has looked into Kik’s pornbot matter extensively, says most of the porn spam is coming from a single criminal group.
Who’s Behind The Porn Bots On Kik? (Forbes)
- A new study of American singles found that during sex with a familiar partner, men have the highest orgasm rates. On average, men experience orgasm 85.1 percent of the time, with their sexual orientation making little difference. For women, however, orgasm occurrence is less predictable. On average, women experience orgasm 62.9 percent of the time during sex with a familiar partner — and this pattern varies with women’s sexual orientation, with lesbian women experiencing orgasm more often than heterosexual or bisexual women.
Study: Orgasm rates for single women less predictable than men’s, vary by sexual orientation (Indiana University, via Kinsey Institute)
- Doctor Who’s mysterious time traveler has been many things. The Oncoming Storm. The Last of the Time Lords. The protector of the innocent. But now, he’s becoming… a porn star? Behold an exclusive safe-for-work look at the new X-rated Doctor Who spoof, from the folks who brought you Game of Bones.
Geronimo! First Work-Safe Look At The New X-Rated Doctor Who Spoof (io9)
- An IP address attached to the U.S. House of Representatives has been blocked from making anonymous edits at Wikipedia for 30 days for making a series of offensive edits to entries on transgender people and issues. The congressional IP address changed a description of Laverne Cox to say she is ‘a real man pretending to be a woman’ — among other things. It’s the third time this House IP address has been blocked by Wikipedia.
Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits (Advocate)
- This thing — the Indiegogo campaign for The Glov — has been on every gadget and tech blog hyped as “the future of sex toys,” which we’ve all heard for like the past 20 years. If it’s really about the future, why does it only come in the colors and fonts of The Ghost Of Sex Toy Past? Go Fug Yourself, indeed.
The Glov: Things Abbey Likes (Cam4 Blog)