— Crash Pad Series (@CrashPadSeries) September 17, 2014
- Slate asks, “So I have a question: If it’s “somewhat pedophilic” when my adult husband consensually spanks me in a simulated “punishment,” what should we call it when parents do the same physical thing to actual children in an actual punishment?”
Spanking Is Great for Sex (Slate)
- “Just over two years ago I announced I was retiring the name “Louise Lush”. I decided to just be “Ms. Naughty” since that was the older name and one I was better known by. Except it’s proved harder to kill off Louise than I expected, mostly thanks to Google and Facebook. Last year I made five different attempts to have Google Plus recognize “Ms. Naughty” as a legitimate working pseudonym, to no avail. It’s only since their recent policy reversal that I’ve been able to change the name on my now totally neglected Google+ profile. On Facebook, I set up an account as “Louise Lush” because it sounded nice and realistic. Then I made it “Louise MsNaughty Lush” until some jerk in administration told me that name wasn’t real enough and forcefully changed it to just “Louise Lush”.”
“Louise Lush” May Be Here To Stay: Pseudonyms and Facebook (Ms. Naughty)
- EFF was alarmed to hear that Facebook’s ‘real name’ policy is disproportionately affecting the LGBTQ community—in particular drag queens.
Facebook’s ‘Real Name’ Policy Can Cause Real-World Harm for the LGBTQ Community (EFF)
- Former Illinois hospital patient John Cantone, 60, claims 33-year-old nurse Rachel Shaper ‘initiated unsolicited sexual relations, including intercourse’ with him in the Advocate Christ Medical Center’s cardiac intensive care unit while he was ‘medicated with various drugs and was under electronic monitoring.’
Heart transplant patient claims female nurse initiated ‘unsolicited’ sex acts in intensive care unit (NY Daily News)
- One day in 1779, a London couple, seeking treatment for their seven-year-old daughter, showed up at the Soho Square Dispensary for the Relief of the Infant Poor. The first doctor thought she might have a hernia. The second had a different idea.
The Strange Case of An 18th-Century Sex Change Surgery (New Republic)
- Last week, details about a possible Iggy Azalea sex video came to light, which she instantly denied, but then half un-denied. A day later, the man at the center of the sex video scandal, Jefe Wine unearthed a contract that Iggy had apparently signed giving him the rights to all recordings, including video, she’d made while he managed her career in 2007.
Iggy Azalea Sues Her Alleged Sex-Tape Partner for Forgery and Other Weirdness (SPIN)
- “Into periods” is most definitely “a thing,” for men and women both. Some reasons are physical and hormonal; others practical; and many more are tied to erotic associations and pride in reveling in the uncensored female body.
Blood Hounds: They’re Obsessed With Period Sex (NY Magazine)
- A Chinese medical student died of a heart attack while looking at a ‘sexy magazine’ in a sperm bank – on his fourth visit to the centre in just over a week.
Student died of heart attack as he made donation to sperm bank (Daily Mail)
- A Wikipedia entry isn’t always what you want when you Google “blow job.” Porn producer and director Colin Rowntree feels that mainstream search engines, like Google and Bing, are “trying to ghettoize the adult entertainment industry,” as he puts it.
Ex-Googlers Help Build ‘Boodigo,’ a New Search Engine Just for Porn (Betabeat)
- Aptly titled “Sex Monsters”, 10 different artists (including my fave Jonathan Leder, above) explore the topics of gender bending, prostitution, fetishism and vice. A combination of photography, illustration, collage and assemblage, we get the chance to view some light erotica while questioning our accepted norms of sexuality.
Sex Monsters: A Group Exhibition That Will Make You Blush (Beautiful Decay)
- Cyberstalking victims often don’t know they’re being tracked through their own phone because spyware apps like mSpy use misleading labels (labeled “android.sys.process” here) and don’t take up much data.
Smartphones Are Used To Stalk, Control Domestic Abuse Victims (NPR)
- Pink & White Productions director Shine Louise Houston will be presenting a retrospective of her works at the 9th annual Berlin PornFilmFestival on Saturday, Oct. 25 in Berlin. Houston joins fellow adult filmmakers Joanna Angel, Ms. Naughty, Antonio da Silva and Jan Soldat as one of five directors to be highlighted with “Filmmaker in Focus” festival screenings.
Shine Louise Houston Featured Filmmaker at PornFilmFestival Berlin (XBIZ)
- “My new app Cuddlr is all about the power of touch, though some folks are confusing “touch” with “fucking”. Oddly enough, the hubbub shows exactly why the app and the discussion it is creating are necessary in the first place.”
It’s a Touch, Not Sex (Medium)
- SFBG has an in-depth on the current state of virtual reality sex (including Oculus Rift).
Sex in the Matrix (SFBG)
- Warning for survivors of sexual abuse and trauma. The jihadists’ rape campaign in Iraq and Syria is not a women’s issue. It is a terror tactic and a crime against humanity. So why won’t anyone in Washington talk about it?
The Islamic State of Sexual Violence (Foreign Policy)