- It seems safe to say that Bitte Andersson’s Dyke Hard is not what we’ve come to expect from the normally rather staid Swedish film scene. Not unless you’re expecting a queer, John Waters inspired, rock and roll road movie with prison sex and cyborgs. If I don’t see this film, I don’t think I can go on.
DYKE HARD Trailer Delivers Cult Weirdness (TwitchFilm)
- “How to Come Out Like a Porn Star” is an anthology of essays exploring exactly that, to be released in November by ThreeL Media. The book is not a how-to manual, but in more than 50 essays, readers will find various approaches to coming out that, while specific to porn, will likely be appreciated by those struggling to reveal other kinds of sex-related secrets to loved ones. It is also, in its way, a manifesto, a reclamation by Lee of the role of porn as a positive artistic form.
“How to Come Out Like a Porn Star”: A sex-industry veteran shares advice on the risks and rewards (Salon)
- The idea of two sexes is simplistic. Biologists now think there is a wider spectrum than that. These discoveries do not sit well in a world in which sex is still defined in binary terms.
Sex redefined (Nature)
- For Wired’s 2015 Sex Issue (which I wish I’d known about in advance to pitch to), one article takes on asexuality, and does a thoughtful job of it, though I do wish the author would have mentioned The Invisible Orientation sooner in the piece. Read it.
Young, Attractive, and Totally Not Into Having Sex (Wired)
- Hunter Moore (isanyoneup.com) has agreed to plead guilty to federal computer hacking and identity theft charges and faces two to seven years in prison at sentencing, according to the plea deal filed in federal court in Los Angeles.
Revenge porn operator agrees to plea to criminal charges in Los Angeles (Reuters)
- Sasha Grey has had to publicly state that she’s got no involvement in the Russia-Ukraine conflict. In recent propaganda, former American porn star Grey ditched her acting career and worked as a nurse for pro-Russian rebels fighting in eastern Ukraine until she was brutally murdered by Ukrainian government forces. Er, nope.
Ex-Porn Star Sasha Gray Is Dragged Into Russia-Ukraine Propaganda War (NBC News)
- Did you run out to see 50 Shades Of Grey with your sweetie this weekend? If you have had more than enough (or had your fill) of the kinky (or emotionally abusive) Twilight spin-off this weekend, why not try writing some smutty fanfiction of your own?
Internet. A guide to writing erotic fanfiction (Hopes and Fears)
- “I was ready to rip [50 Shades] to shreds in the name of BDSM communities and consent culture everywhere. We all know that the main ingredients for kink are a dash of safe, a sprinkling sane, and a heap of consent. But after watching the entire film, I didn’t have any desire to defend or protect the sacred institution of BDSM from this story of Christian and Anna.”
Fifty Shades basically got it right (Eros Media)
- “A few years ago, someone broke into my email and then used it to get into all sorts of other things. Among the very many things I panicked about was: Will they see my nude pictures?”
Your Dick Pics Are About to Be All Over the Internet (Wired)
- “My roommate and I are both escorts. We’ve talked about the importance of maintaining a proper ratio of sex that we enjoy to work—it’s a mental health issue. My dance card stays full enough to make paying for it questionable, but I will do absurd things in the name of female solidarity, which is why I’m scheduled with Tom for seven tonight.”
A Female Sex Worker Compares Notes with a Gigolo (Vice)
- Women who see their decreasing sex drive as a problem are at the center of an intense, emotional debate that’s been raging for years over whether the Food and Drug Administration should approve the first drug that claims to boost a woman’s libido.
Female Libido Pill Fires Up Debate About Women And Sex (NPR)
- A company called Foregen purports to soon be able to help circumcised men who want their foreskins back by using regenerative medicine to regrow their foreskins—much like a salamander can regrow a severed appendage.
How One Company Aims to Help Circumcised Men Grow Their Foreskin Back (Vice)
- Helena Bonham Carter posed naked with a big fish for PETA. I don’t really know what else to say about this.
Helena Bonham Carter Gets Naked With A Giant Tuna (AdRants)
- “Professional phone sex was almost exactly what I expected. Most of the men who called wanted someone to moan along to their fantasies, and I was ready and willing to help out. For the more hardcore customers, I made sure to keep a belt on hand that I could use to smack my couch cushions…”
The Year I Spent As A Phone-Sex Operator (Nerve)
- RedTube announced this week via Twitter that it fixed an exploit hole on its adult tube site. The highly trafficked MindGeek-owned property’s front page was modified in order to redirect the user to malicious URLs hosting the Angler Exploit Kit, according to security blog MalwareBytes, which first discovered and reported the breach.
RedTube Fixes Malware Security Breach (XBIZ)
- The smaller male spider placates his mate to avoid becoming her after-sex snack — by going down on her. See, they’re just like us!
Zoologger: Oral sex may be a life saver for spider (New Scientist)