- CIA sexbots, you say? Patrick Quinlan (PQ), who recently released his new ebook Sexbot ($2.99), spoke to Future of Sex about his work and how close his tale is to becoming real.
‘Sexbot’ Author Patrick Quinlan on CIA Sexbots, Mind Downloads and Immortality (Future of Sex)
- Massive trigger warning for sexual abuse and trauma survivors. Federal Cybersecurity Director Timothy DeFoggi is now the sixth suspect convicted on three child porn charges in Operation Torpedo, an FBI operation that targeted three Tor-based child porn sites and that used controversial methods to unmask anonymized users.
Federal Cybersecurity Director Found Guilty on Child Porn Charges (WIRED)
- Eric Anderson, a professor at England’s University of Winchester and “chief science officer” at Ashley Madison, revealed that the website had been monitoring the conversations of its users without their prior knowledge or consent.
Cheaters, beware: Ashley Madison is spying on your emails (Daily Dot)
- VICE examines Family4love.com, calling it “the Facebook of incest.” In the website’s lingo, an “active family” is one that embraces having sex with one another. “Enjoy meeting others the same” means “come join us.”
FAMILY4LOVE is the Facebook of incest (VICE)
- Foria was founded by Matthew Gerson, who actually also founded another popular, alternative sex company: Sir Richard’s Condoms. Foria takes THC oil from marijuana and combines it with body-friendly coconut oil. The spray aims to get your vagina high, although the company is quick to point out that this is a very different high than smoking a joint.
THC Lube Hits The Market (Condom Depot)
- A group of Japanese porn actresses are preparing to have their breasts squeezed by fans for 24 hours this weekend for a charity event loosely translated as “Boob Aid”. The nine adult movie stars told local media on Monday about the “Stop! AIDS” campaign event — which will be televised live — but asked, perhaps somewhat optimistically: please be gentle.
Boob Aid: Japan porn queens in 24-hour ‘squeeze-a-thon’ (Inquirer)
- It’s the twentieth anniversary of meterosexual’s coining and the tenth(ish) anniversary of Queer Eye. In reconsidering the metrosexual, we must first distinguish between the metrosexual’s imagined and actual properties. Like hipsterism, metrosexuality is an insult more readily slung than substantiated.
A Decade Later, Whither the Metrosexual (The Awl)
- The Taser Photoshoot by photographer Patrick Hall is a series of portraits showing half-naked people being tased by their friends. The taser victims and their taser-happy friends aren’t visible in the photographs so they come across as a series of O faces.
Watch Naked Friends Taser Each Other For Photoshoot (Oyster Mag)
- Nicki Minaj‘s video for “Anaconda,” was followed by just one day Taylor Swift‘s new single and video “Shake It Off,” which among its cavalcade of cartoonish dance styles features rows of generous rear bumpers heaving and twerking in an obvious parody of Swift’s pop rival Miley Cyrus (unfortunately also imitating Cyrus in using black women’s bodies as props).
The Winners and Losers of the Summer of Ass (SPIN)
- This story is back, it’s a few years new: Concerns are mounting over a powerful new form of gonorrhoea after a patient was found to have the highest level of drug resistance to the disease ever reported in Australia.
‘Sex superbug’ fears over powerful new drug resistant strain of gonorrhoea (Guardian UK)
- Photo above: my French pornstar crush, Jasmine Arabia. My favorite porn site is back with a redesign! I don’t usually post items like this in Sex News, but I’ve long loved French hardcore site Explicite Art and they just emailed to tell me they’ve had a complete revamp! Congrats to a great site with yummy, happy performers (and staff). Some of my fave pages: Nikita Bellucci, Jasmine Arabia and Titof, Judy Minx, Gabriella Menis, Yoko, Liza Del Sierra, Lola – in pigtails with Steve, Jessie and Graziella
Explicite Art (explicite-art.com)
- “Being a straight man in a gay bar always felt like some form of treason; as if I had wandered into someone’s home, sat down, and turned on the TV. Everyone knew I wasn’t supposed to be there, but there I was – petting their dog, flipping through channels.”
The Tourist: A Straight Man’s Trip to a Gay Bar (Nerve)
- The startup Undercover Colors, which is marketing itself as “the first fashion company to prevent sexual assault,” is currently developing a brand of nail polish that can detect the presence of date-rape drugs, which are generally colorless and odorless, in someone’s beverage.
Could this nail polish help prevent date rape? (Daily Dot)
- In the 46 years since the Hitachi Magic Wand was introduced, which bears some resemblance to a bass drum mallet, it has come to represent an awkward duality for many Americans. It’s marketed and sold as a personal massager in department stores and pharmacies, while also serving as a trusted masturbation aid.
The 46-year-old sex toy Hitachi won’t talk about (Engadget)
- Here we go again with the PornHub search stats (and unfunny omg-sex wordplay)… “Chances are, if you’re visiting Pornhub, you’re on Windows. 85.5% of all Pornhub visitors are running Windows, while 6.64% of desktops run OS X.”
How You Watch Porn (FastCo Design)