- The result of four years of hard work? A robotic butt named Patrick, who delivers instantaneous feedback to students about the prostate exam he’s receiving. Patrick comes equipped with four sensors, and its highly-visual software can inform students whether they’re applying optimal pressure. He might inform the student if the pressure is too soft or if they have neglected to cover the whole prostate.
Robotic Butt Helps Medical Students Learn Professional Intimacy (KQED, thank you Cyrus!)
- Congrats, UK. It sucks to be you: Britain is at the cutting-edge of censorship, it has been claimed, as government plans to implement ID-based age checks for pornography websites gather pace.
The UK is becoming the world leader in censorship (NAME)
- Merriam-Webster has updated its dictionary to include the words, WTF, meme, photobombing, and… NSFW! Yay! I remember having to explain to San Francisco Chronicle staff and management what that was. Not fun!
Merriam-Webster Unabridged (Merriam-Webster)
- This is a wonderfully written first-person essay by a trans woman about her experiences with orgasm, pleasure and self-discovery. Highly recommended for all genders, actually.
A Trans Woman Learns To Masturbate (Eros Media)
- CNN is staffed by drunk hamsters. There, I said it.
Sex trade goes underground in China’s ‘sin city’ (CNN)
- Burgeoning industries like fintech, edtech and healthtech are constantly in the news. But not sextech. Given the ubiquity of sex, is that about to change?
What is sextech and why is everyone ignoring it? (Hot Topics)
- A handful of anti-gay activists and their cameramen held an event Friday morning dubbing the longstanding Leather Archives & Museum a “perversion museum” that promotes incest, pedophilia and sadomasochism to children. But Rogers Park neighbors weren’t having it.
Neighbors of Leather Museum Tell All 4 Anti-Gay Protesters to ‘Go Home’ (DNAinfo Chicago)
- The statute of limitations for criminal prosecution of sexual assault has just gone from four years to 20 in Nevada – and that’s because of the wave of accusations against comedian Bill Cosby. (I counted over two dozen last time I could stand to look.)
Bill Cosby Assault Allegations Trigger Change in Nevada Sex-Crime Law (Daily Beast)
- Men are fulfilling their dreams of having giant penises that weigh multiple pounds with this medically dubious, illegal intervention. In Monster Meat, Vice meets Micha from Berlin, who decided a few years ago to take this irreversible step.
This Is What Life Is Like With A Gigantic Penis (Vice/YouTube)
- I wasn’t wearing a skimpier top than usual, and I hadn’t recently gotten a boob job. The only thing I’d changed was my perfume. For a week, I’d been wearing synthetic pheromones “guaranteed” to make me more attractive to other humans.
I wore ‘pheromone perfume’ to become a sex goddess (Fusion)
- Not many details on the yet, but it may have to do with the EU’s stance on net Neutrality. A leaked EU Council document shows that plans are afoot to stop Cameron’s censorship/web filtering plan in its tracks — and with the UK on the verge of trying to debate a better deal for itself within Europe, the Prime Minister is not in a particularly strong position for negotiating on the issue.
Leaked document shows Europe would fight UK plans to block porn (Betanews)
- A recent report by Ameritest, one of the industry’s leading advertising testing firms, found that sex actually doesn’t sell. Sean Scott, Ameritest senior brand consultant, told Ad Age that sex just “doesn’t perform that well in spurring purchase intent.” In particular, the report took a close look at one of Carl Jr.’s latest ads, its 2015 Super Bowl “all-natural” burger commercial featuring model Charlotte McKinney and her bouncing “natural” boobs.
Copyranter: Sex just don’t sell like it used to (Digiday)
- San Francisco, this looks fun: “What is it like to see a performance when you’re naked?” This question sparked “Nude Night” at the festival THIS IS WHAT I WANT. While patrons at San Francisco’s CounterPulse won’t be required to participate in the clothing-optional aspect of the opening night of festival (they’ll be asked to “be aware and respectful”), those who do get a $5 discount off the ticket price.
Desire in focus at CounterPulse fest (SF Examiner)
- Games that deal with sex in a realistic way are largely unexplored territory. Mainstream games with sex scenes like Mass Effect or God of War exist to titillate and empower. But indie designers like Nina Freeman are pushing back, hoping to recouple sexuality and humanity by making players feel confused, awkward and vulnerable.
If Sex Videogames Make You Feel Weird, That’s the Point (Wired)
- On Tuesday Night a joint operation involving Pattaya’s Tourist Police and a team from the Chonburi Provincial Police Special Operations Unit took place and targeted two shops which were reportedly selling penis and breast-shaped soap to locals and tourists. No one knows why.
Penis and Breast-Shaped Soap seized by Police from South Pattaya Stores (Pattaya One)
— The CSPH (@TheCSPH) May 25, 2015