- The Las Vegas AVN (adult trade industry magazine) porn awards and expo are in Getty Images, and the photos are going up uncensored.
2015 AVN Adult Entertainment Expo (Getty Images)
- The adult content filters being rolled out by most UK internet providers under a scheme championed by David Cameron are blocking the websites of businesses and charities, as well as URLs with Sussex or Essex in them. Several of the blocked charities were offering support and services to young people escaping abuse or alcohol dependency.
Internet filters block websites of sex abuse charities (Guardian UK)
- When a dozen people, including 11 staffers, were gunned down at the offices of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo this month, Larry Flynt, like many people, was shocked. But the iconoclastic publisher said he was more stunned by what he referred to as cowardice among several American media outlets in the wake of the tragedy.
Larry Flynt reacts to ‘Charlie Hebdo’ shooting, calls American media ‘spineless’ (WCPO)
Worst Superhero ever pic.twitter.com/g1xYXe3VvE
— The Poke (@ThePoke) January 25, 2015
- CNN does polyamory, SF Bay Area style. Miju Han lives in the Bay Area, works as a product manager and shares a charming apartment with her fiancé. Here’s what makes her love story a bit different: She’s also in three other relationships.
I have a fiancé, a girlfriend and two boyfriends (CNN Money)
- While porn and sex toys are a no-no on Kickstarter, they’re just fine on Indiegogo along with a number of other crowdfunding sites. There is even a pair of porn-only crowdfunding sites. And, just as with other industries, people are putting down a lot of money.
How the smart (small) money is betting on porn (CNBC)
- This article is porn negative, and FYI the genre performers are called pro-am, as in, professional amateurs, but the doc might be interesting. The world of pro-am is examined in a new documentary by Jill Bauer and Ronna Gradus, “Hot Girls Wanted,” which premiered Saturday at the Sundance Film Festival.
Sundance Doc ‘Hot Girls Wanted’ Explores Amateur Porn (AP/ABC News)
As a gay man with a lifelong aversion to feet, this is truly my worst nightmare. pic.twitter.com/4Et1WxjwWU
— Jesse Bering (@JesseBering) January 25, 2015
- Love this, the Mirror telling us the most popular word is “cock.” Psychologist Mark Allen Thornton used data from around 300,000 erotic stories and 65,000 authors who published their work on fiction site Literotica, to find who writes what kind of sex — and who likes reading about it.
A psychologist reveals the MOST erotic word, found by DATA (Mirror UK)
- This is a very fun — and funny — list of real safewords, with accompanying lulzy gifs.
Awesome rough sex safe words all couples can use in the bedroom tonight (SheKnows)
- This article is truly great and very important. The Globe spoke with experts about shifting toxic gendered dialogue, without overpolicing men and conversation in general.
Experts working to shift the toxic gender dialogue (Globe and Mail)
- Fun post. Karley Slutever tells us, “from personal experience, I can say that some [dungeons] are very elegant and ornate, while others are far trashier, and tend to be located in unassuming office buildings in gross areas of midtown, on a floor just above, like, a pottery class, and just below an insurance company. Random.”
The World’s Sexiest Dungeons (Slutever)
- Put your critical thinking caps on when parsing the latest NYT article about Google searches and what they say about sex — and for the articles starting to repeat it without question. For instance, are these all straight men and women? Does it account for condom availability programs at schools and health clinics nationwide? Where is his Google search data coming from? (The author’s last article was based on his conclusions from “surveys, social networks, pornographic searches and dating sites.”)
Searching for Sex (NYT)
- Nevada health officials said Friday that they’re considering strict brothel-style regulations for a booming adult film industry following the announcement last month that two male performers tested positive for HIV following a video shoot in the state.
Nevada considering strict condom regulation for porn films (Boston Herald)
- A sure highlight of this season’s menswear shows during Paris Fashion Week: the Rick Owens fall/winter 2015 collection. If you love dick, that is.
Hot New Trend in Men’s Fashion: Visible Penis (Cosmopolitan)
- If you’ve grown tired of your six-speed vibrator, then the customizable Mod Indiegogo vibrator may be just right for you. The Mod, which stands for Multivibrating Open-source Dildo, is the “flagship” product of Atlanta-based Comingle’s open source sex toy platform. Basically, it’s a vibrator that can be programmed with endless vibration patterns you, or someone else in the community, code. But for hardcore DIY sex toy enthusiasts, the Mod also can be used to do so much more.
The Mod Indiegogo: Open Source Sex Toy Platform Lets You Customize Own Vibrator (iDigitalTimes)
- Great news if you missed it: CrashPadSeries and New York Toy Collective have extended the “Dream Scene” porn scriptwriting contest to February 1st, 2015 (midnight PST).
Dream Scene Contest: Submit Your Queer Porn Script! (Crash Pad Series)
Heartening to see the stoat's identity being protected. pic.twitter.com/3kDCw1V4yx
— Muriel Gray (@ArtyBagger) January 26, 2015