On September 18, Kink.com opens its doors for BondCon — a really one-of-a-kind open house with workshops, near-constant very adult Folsom-flavored tours of The Armory, parties and the Bondage Awards. The events and classes start this Thursday, and continue through the weekend. If you’re in town, definitely check *something* out at The Armory — and if you’re here for Folsom weekend, definitely pick a reason to go by and hang out.
Aaaand, I talked to Kink — anyone who uses my code VioletBlue gets 15% off any workshop! You have no excuse! Go get some smutty inspiration!
I’m really impressed with the classes and workshops on offer: this is going to be an opportunity to learn super sex-positive kinky techniques from more than just the staff of Kink (who are incredible in their own right). The classes range from mild to wild, including beginner classes (Spanking 101, Threesome Tips, How to Talk Like A Top) to lectures (Coming Out Kinky, Playful Non-Bondage Predicaments, Switching and How to Become A Professional Dominant) and expert level bondage instructionals. I’m thinking some of these might be a great date idea…
The Armory tours this week will be extra special, and extra-explicit. The BondCon tours include demos and there will be information stations staffed by Extreme Restraints, Boss Bondage, Stockroom, Orchid and Serpent Stores. Saturday is the night of Kink’s big Folsom party, a massive BondCon Ball open to the public, and “fetish wear is highly encouraged.” I’m definitely going to the Ball :D
I was clicking through my porn feeds and this new video stopped me in my tracks. Holy chemistry Batfriends, this is hot. They are both hot. Phew.
The photography of Tokyo-based Shuji Kobayashi is a lovely way to spend a moment of distraction as we hit the end of a very bizarre week. C-Heads has a short interview with him in Catching The Light, and he also maintains an erotic Blogspot blog, re-flection.
Don’t get hacked. Don’t get outed. Fight harassment. Learn how in The Smart Girl’s Guide to Privacy (also on iTunes).
- “So: this week, some sexual predators on the internet released private photos of various female celebrities, including fan-favourite Jennifer Lawrence. They did this, I imagine, because the actions of various terrorists in the gamer community last week weren’t quite enough of a nail in the coffin of any notion of masculine respectability left on the planet earth. Thanks, predators and terrorists! It’s awesome having a penis this week.”
Destroy All Monsters: Celebrity Boobs! Boobs! Boobs! (TwitchFilm)
- The celebrity nudes hacking scandal is a good reminder that a “just say no” approach isn’t going to stop anyone from sexting anytime soon. This issue isn’t a story about “right” or “wrong” ways of thinking about privacy — it’s a wake-up call about security and sexuality.
Wake up: The celebrity nudes hack is everyone’s problem (ZDNet)
- A number of people woke up today to discover that Tumblr search no longer returned any adult content at all — but it appears that Tumblr has quietly activated safe search settings for *some* users. I’m not sure what happened yet, but if you look for a tiny padlock icon on the right-hand side and find it locked, you can have normal (uncensored) search restored by clicking to unlock the lock icon.
Tumblr is now for toddlers (UPDATED) (Japan Subculture Research Center Annex)
- The U.S. porn industry lifted its ban on filming, just a day after production halted when a performer tested positive for HIV. As it turns out, that test result was a false positive, industry group Free Speech Coalition said in a statement. “Production on adult film can resume safely,” the group said Friday.
Porn filming moratorium lifted after HIV case turned out to be a false positive (Washington Post)
- This little game is so cute and fun! Fap Ninja is MiKandi’s first adult game. The game features Fap Ninja, a sexy badass female ninja who’s always searching for the ultimate orgasm. T.E.N.T.A. (Tiny Erotic Ninja Tentacle Assistant), Fap Ninja’s fiercely loyal octo pet monster (because hentai), and Hot Horny Honzo, the legendary samurai and sex toy maker.
Fap Ninja – Adult Android App (MiKandi)
- Village Roadshow is the Australian movie studio that the US State Department admitted was used as the token “Australian” movie studio in the MPAA’s big lawsuit against iiNet. It has said that without reforms the entire industry will die, and that infringement is on par with terrorism and pedophilia.
Australian Movie Studio Says Piracy Is Equivalent Of Pedophilia & Terrorism (Techdirt)
- San Francisco has created the first health system sex and gender social-identity guidelines and policies in the U.S. The Health Commission on Tuesday unanimously approved The City’s first systematic sexual orientation guidelines. The policy will help doctors better understand what risk factors exist for San Francisco residents of all sexual orientations (and genders), according to health officials.
Health Commission approves SF’s first systemwide sexual orientation policy (SF Examiner)
- The celebrity stolen nudes scandal has shined an uncomfortable light on everything from cloud security to sexual privacy. Now there’s finally a very public conversation happening about how hard it is for women to fight online attacks such as this. I think it’s time to talk about fighting back.
Despite security flaws, legal failures: How to fight revenge porn (ZDNet)