Sex News: Google AdWords sex crackdown, Agender, sex crimes and dolphin sex
- A recent e-mail from the Google AdWords Team to advertisers employing its popular service for getting visitors to websites, warns of upcoming changes to the company’s advertising policies that will eliminate its use by adult — and potentially NSFW — companies.
Google Gores Adult: An Industry Perspective (XBIZ)
- GQ gave a reporter free license to spend real Bitcoin (and find debauchery), and he ended up delivering a really interesting, well-written story that is probably the best in its genre.
Sex, Drugs, and Toasters: My Life on Bitcoin (GQ)
- Farrah Abraham excels at being a celebrity, if our working definition is someone who finds a way to keep themselves in the news no matter what. The former ”Teen Mom” star, singer, and tomato sauce social messenger has now parlayed her much-hyped Vivid sex tapes with porn It Boy James Deen, “Farrah Superstar: Backdoor Teen Mom” and “Farrah 2: Backdoor and More,” into an erotic novel trilogy based around them.
The Best & Worst Of Farrah Abraham’s Erotic Novel, In The Making (Celebrity Sex Tape) (The Frisky)
- Commissioned by San Francisco Magazine following a harrowing alleged hate crime that left 18-year-old agender high school student Sasha Fleischman with second- and third-degree burns covering their legs, Chloe Aftel’s “Agender” is an intimate photo series of agender, bigender, neutrois, and genderqueer young adults.
PHOTOS: Meet the Agender Young Adults Challenging the Gender Binary (Advocate)
- Europe’s Dusk! adult TV channel announced today that it is set to launch female-centric “Porna” porn programming in the U.S. in June. The company said that after delivering highly successful content throughout Europe, Holland-based Dusk! will provide select programming to cable TV systems in the U.S. and U.S. territories.
Dusk! Set to Launch U.S. ‘Porna’ TV Channel for Women (XBIZ)
Image: Breaking Through the Binary: The Genderbread Person
- The NYT debuted its new sex and vice beat last weekend with an in-depth front-pager in its metro section on an underground strip club/brothel (“A Strip Club in Manhattan Proves That Vice Is Hard to Kill”). The piece was penned by Times reporter Mosi Secret, who’s their new sin and vice reporter. According to the New York Observer, the new coverage is the brainchild of city editor Dean Chang, formerly of the New York Daily News, who said he is distinctly targeting the Playboy reader.
The New York Times Adds ‘Sin & Vice’ to Metro Section Meet Mosi Secret, The Times’ New Sin and Vice Reporter (XBIZ, NY Observer)
- Chris Atchison has been sex worker clients for about 20 years. The researcher doesn’t think that there is such a thing as a “typical john“. “People who purchase sexual services come from all walks of life,” Atchison told the Straight by phone. “They’re male, they’re female, they’re couples, they’re homosexuals, they’re heterosexuals, they’re bisexuals. They come from all racial and ethnic categories.
No such thing as a typical john, says researcher (Straight.com)
Image via: You Can Now Put Ryan Gosling’s Face on Your Panties
- Samantha Barbash, 40, Roselyn Keo, 29, Marsi Rosen, 28, and Karina Pascucci, 26, allegedly doped up a lawyer, a doctor and two finance workers, and left them in private rooms in Manhattan and Queens strip clubs while they went to work on their credit cards. Victims who disputed the charges were sent threatening texts, authorities said.
Stripper crime ring drugged customers, rang up $190,000 in charges on credit cards: authorities (NY Daily News)
- I went to the Reddit post on this article (in r/news) and read the comments there, and decided: fuck Reddit. It’s a seriously sick place. “The subreddit, r/beatingwomen, was shut down Monday evening after moderators—volunteer redditors tasked with managing the community—posted a user’s personal information online.”
Reddit bans infamous forum about beating women (Daily Dot)
- Immigrant parents from African and other nations have long sent their daughters back to their ancestral homes for the summer, a trip intended to help them connect with their families and traditions. During their stays, some girls are swept into bedrooms or backwoods and subjected to genital cutting in the belief that it will prevent promiscuity, ready them for marriage or otherwise align them with the ideals of their culture.
A Fight as U.S. Girls Face Genital Cutting Abroad (NYT)
- This looks AWESOME! I have high hopes and lots of good feels for Planned Parenthood’s new Tumblr column, Advanced Sex Ed. The first installment is STD vs. STI.
Welcome to Advanced Sex Ed (plannedparenthood.tumblr.com)
- The Washington Post published a column from conservative George Will that asserted rape victims are given a “coveted status” that “confers privileges.” The theme continued on Tuesday with a new piece from W. Bradford Wilcox and Robin Fretwell Wilson that offered some advice to all those people who have been tweeting #YesAllWomen in protest against rape and sexual assault. “One way to end violence against women? Stop taking lovers and get married,” the headline reads, followed by the subhead, “The data show that #yesallwomen would be safer hitched to their baby daddies.” WaPo’s editor has since apologized. But still, ew, WaPo, I’d never write for you, ever.
WaPo’s Advice to Women Who Don’t Want to Be Raped: Get Married (Mediate)
- New York senators voted today — and passed — legislation that would make revenge porn illegal in the Big Apple. The bill designates posting private, explicit photos of another person without their consent a class A misdemeanor on the first offense, punishable by one year in the slammer. A repeat offense would be acknowledged as a class E felony, punishable by four years in jail.
New York Senate Passes Revenge Porn Ban (XBIZ)