- Linda Blackie and Miriam Thomas sued a veterinary hospital that accidentally destroyed over a hundred sperm samples from their prize-winning standard poodles.
Dog Semen Lawsuit Claims Vet Destroyed Champion Poodle’s Sperm (Legally Weird)
- A study conducted by an internet safety non-profit called the Internet Watch Foundation has revealed that the vast majority of sexualized multimedia uploaded by teens to places like Facebook is lifted and hosted on outside porn sites.
Study Reveals 88% of Sexual Photos and Videos Uploaded by Teens are Reposted to ‘Parasite’ Porn Sites (Betabeat)
- Valencian porn star Nacho Vidal was among 80 people arrested Tuesday during raids on alleged Chinese mobsters and their accomplices in Madrid and Barcelona. Vidal, one of only a handful of Spaniards arrested, allegedly operates a company that laundered some of the money.
Nacho Vidal Arrested in Spanish Raid on Chinese Mob (YNOT Europe)
— BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) October 22, 2012
- The inquiry announced today into claims of UK TV and radio personality Sir Jimmy Savile’s child sex abuse (spanning four decades) will be widened to take in allegations against living celebrities. The Metropolitan Police said it believed it had identified more than 200 victims of either the dead DJ or other stars. “We are dealing with alleged abuse on an unprecedented scale”, the senior officer leading the inquiry said.
Jimmy Savile scandal: more living celebrities to be investigated as net widens (London Evening Standard)
- Larry Flynt and others in the porn industry are fighting a ballot measure that will appear before Los Angeles County voters requiring pornographic movie performers to wear condoms during filming. Measure B will be on the countywide ballot Nov. 6. But both sides agree it will be tricky getting voters to even consider the point.
Larry Flynt, porn industry fighting proposed condom requirement (LA Times)
- The porn industry has campaigned against Measure B, the L.A. County ballot initiative that would require performers to use condoms. But porn star Aurora Snow says it’s necessary.
Condoms in Porn: One Adult Star Says Yes to Measure B (Daily Beast)
- “The popularity of the 50 Shades of Gray books has been staggering. They have become the 9 1/2 Weeks of a new generation; glorifying the excitement of power, bondage, and…well, mind games. In fact, those who know what consensual BDSM participants actually do together have criticized the trilogy for portraying kinky sex as unhealthy and non-consensual.”
50 Shades of Stigma: Are we as Kinky as we think we are? (Psyched in San Francisco)
- This is gorgeous, and strangely sexy to look at. A stunning collection of antique handcuffs in its own online museum.
Antique Handcuff Collection (The Lars Holst Restraint Collection, thanks CoLP!)
- I love this page. This is the tag for posts from a variety of young interns at the Center for Sexual Pleasure & Health, who have been asked to define what they feel sex positivity is for its Sex Positivity Saturday series. Cue the warm fuzzy feelings :)
Sex Positivity (The CSPH)
- Great post about censorship (and porn’s unfortunate self-censorship) of a not-uncommon sex act: fisting.
Fisting Day Reveals The Nonsense That Is Censorship (Ms Naughty)
- File under here’s the data, now fuck off: Adoption is an effective intervention for at-risk kids, and this holds true for those placed with gay and lesbian parents.
Study: Gay Adoptive Parents Make Great Adoptive Parents (The Atlantic)
- A new report from three UN agencies, “Sex Work and the Law,” finds no evidence from countries of Asia and the Pacific that criminalization of sex work has prevented HIV epidemics among sex workers and their clients.
UN Report Says in Asia, Criminalizing Sex Work Fuels HIV/AIDS (Asia Catalyst)
- These are fun to look at: Copyranter selected his favorite condom ads over the past ten years.
The Best Condom Ads Of The Last Decade (Buzzfeed/Copyranter)
- Dutch actress Sylvia Kristel, who starred in the 1974 erotic French film Emmanuelle, has died from cancer. She was aged 60.
Sylvia Kristel, star of Emmanuelle, dies (BBC News)
Main post image: Time’s Winged Chariot by Serge LeBlon