Sex News: George Takei’s saucy doc, NYC condom law dead, necrophilia crime
- It has taken New York State almost 20 years in the Legislature, and the last year in the Assembly to finally change New York police officers’ practices of detaining women carrying multiple condoms (4+, usually) on charges of prostitution.
Carrying Condoms Is No Longer A Crime In NYC (Kinsey Confidential)
- the 9th episode of True Blood’s final season titled Love is to Die, fans finally got to see the highly anticipated sex scene between Eric and his slave, Ginger. Actress Tara Buck said, “Before I actually saw the script, Alex [Skarsgard] said to me, “Have you read the script? They finally wrote it! We finally do it.” I was like, “We do?” And he was just laughing,” she added.
True Blood’s Tara Buck on Ginger and Eric Sex Scene: ‘This is a Victory for Team Ginger’ (International Business Times UK, sound alert)
- Kenneth Douglas admitted to having sex with the corpses between 1976 and 1992 when he worked as a morgue attendant. The extent of his crimes came to light after families of Douglas’s victims were told they could sue by a federal appeals court on Friday.
Ohio man admits to having sex with up to 100 dead women (NY Daily News)
- McAfee, the cyber security firm, released a study earlier this year of “more than 1,500 consumers” and found that more than half (54%) “send or receive intimate content including video, photos, emails and messages.” It found that one in three American adults have filmed sexual content on their mobile devices. Digging deeper, McAfee reported that 70 percent of 18- to 24-year-olds receive sexually suggestive content and that (among those using mobile devices) more males than females do so (61% vs. 48%). It also found that 45 percent of adults stored the sexts they received while 40 percent stored the ones they sent. Among those who sent “intimate or racy content,” three-fourths (77%) sent it to their significant other, while only 1 in 10 sent such content to a total stranger.
We are all sexters now: America’s favorite amateur porn (Salon)
Photo by Robert Coppa via Fashionising.
- “The latest panic is that kinky people will lure vanilla children into our sexual hellscape through trendy pop cultural depictions of BDSM, such as Fifty Shades of Grey. This nonsense is annoying, but it’s also nothing new. It does, however, raise a question that is often discussed in sexual subcultures but rarely mentioned in the mainstream: Is kink a sexual orientation?”
Is Kink a Sexual Orientation? (Slate)
- According to BitTorrent monitoring site Scan Eye (in a report showing only downloads from 178 computers that were all located in Pyngonyang), people in North Korea download Angry Birds, Tiny Troopers, British shows like Top Gear and downloads of “Japanese and American pornography.” One download was even for HBO doc Manhunt: The Search for Bin Laden.
North Koreans Love Downloading Angry Birds, Porn (Betabeat)