- Whoa, BOOBTHULU. The Zomboobies are coming to Kickstarter, they’ve got a brand new (and much extended) trailer, and they want your money! Yes, kids, the cult hit mock-trailer that hit the interwebs back in 2012 is looking to make the jump to a proper, full length feature film and its creators want your help.
Crowdfund This! ZOMBOOBIES Need Your Money! (Twitch)
- “For every article that recommends we eat “superfoods” to detox our systems there are five others that give us instructions on how to establish the perfect relationship, have the best sex, and live happily ever after. What’s more, many of them purport to tell you the science of dating or the formula for the perfect chat-up line. While perhaps not as vital as the fight against health quackery or climate change denial, it surprises me that the flaws and faults of mainstream relationship advice – usually just old wives’ tales dressed up as biological facts – so frequently go unchallenged.”
The ‘science of dating’ and why it should make you angry (Guardian UK)
- A Nigerian man was arrested for allegedly having sex with a goat – but insisted he asked the animal’s permission first.
Nigerian man arrested for ‘having sex with a goat’ claims he ‘asked for per (Independent UK)
- Spermicide Your Way to a Clearer Complexion? Lots of products you thought were the exclusive domain of your nethers are also used in some surprisingly practical ways. So next time you’re admiring your toy collection…
5 Weird but Effective Alternate Uses for Sex Products (Cracked)
Fact: Phthalates are linked to birth defects, neurological damage and endocrine disruption. Be conscious when purchasing your #sextoys
— Tantus, Inc. (@tantus) March 3, 2014
- Joseph Mathew argued Rosie’s case (Rosie = pseudonym) in civil court this month, and a Harris County, Texas jury awarded her a half-million dollars – the largest revenge porn verdict to date in the U.S.
Houston woman wins $500,000 in ‘revenge porn’ lawsuit (ABC Local)
- A Wisconsin woman accused of holding two men against their will and demanding sex from one of them will avoid jail time if she stays out of trouble for nine months.
No jail time for Wausau woman accused of holding 2 men hostage, demanding sex (Stevens Point Journal)
- Human Rights Watch estimated in 2010 140,000 US inmates have been raped. Shaun Attwood has written three books on life inside and his latest, Prison Time, details the sex – consensual or otherwise – the prostitution, the pimping and the equal, loving relationships behind bars.
Sex in men’s prisons: ‘The US system cultivates rape. If you treat people like animals, they behave like it’ (Independent UK)
— YTH (@YTHorg) March 1, 2014
- While it may not seem unusual to have sex on your wedding anniversary, some couples are now choosing to celebrate the occasion by having sex with professional photographers capturing it all on camera. Constance Faulk and Eric Vogel are successful photographers who have turned to the lucrative area of “personalized porn.” Clients pay the husband and wife team as much as $4,000 to have them take pictures of them having sex.
‘Personalized Porn': Is Sex Becoming More Social? (ABC News/Nightline)
- A Los Angeles woman is suing Sprint Corp., contending that one of its workers browsed through her trade-in phone, found photographs of her engaged in sex and posted them on her Facebook page. The woman, identified in the lawsuit only as J. Johnson, said the Sprint employee used the Facebook application on her old phone to upload the photographs and make them visible to her friends, family and co-workers.
Lawsuit says Sprint worker put customer sex photos on Facebook (NAME)
- Arctic Monkeys’ latest video opens with a “Parental Advisory” warning. And while there certainly is nudity and scenes of what appear to be a motorcycle gang’s sex orgy (you know, a usual Saturday night for the Monkeys) in the clip for “Arabella,” a track off last year’s AM, the video is mostly an artistic affair.
Arctic Monkeys Crash a Biker Sex Party in NSFW ‘Arabella’ Video (Rolling Stone)
- Finally, someone debunked this crap “news” story… A now-viral video walks viewers through “The Economics of Sex,” a research report details masturbation practices, and another looks at how asexual Americans use pornography. It’s the type of research that is not uncommon in the social sciences, but for a carefully obscured difference. In this research, the conclusion seems to come before the hypothesis.
The first indication of the bias comes from the staff. The members of the institute all have ties to the religious right.
Austin’s New (No) Sex Institute (Austin Chronicle)
- Solace SF, a local faith-based nonprofit that served San Francisco’s sex worker community, has shut down amid allegations that its founder, Laura Lasky, defrauded donors and beneficiaries and did not provide the services she claimed.
Solace SF Shutters Amid Allegations of Fraud (SF Weekly)
- It appears that video footage of a sexual encounter between Marilyn Monroe and brothers John F. Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy not only exists, but will be put up for auction on Tuesday, according to numerous online reports.
Former bodyguard says sex tape of Marilyn Monroe with JFK and RFK will be auctioned (Boston.com)
- The Justice Department estimates that each year at least 200,000 children are trafficked for sex in the U.S., and it is said to generate upward of $32 billion a year. Across the country, teens are being picked up on prostitution charges. It’s a stunning contradiction in the law: Girls who are too young to legally consent to sex are being prosecuted for selling it.
Courts Take A Kinder Look At Victims Of Child Sex Trafficking (NPR)
- The Department of Homeland Security announced Friday that it has finalized regulations to prevent sexual abuse in immigrant detention centers. The American Civil Liberties Union obtained documents in 2011 finding that more than 180 sexual abuse complaints in DHS detention centers (including ICE facilities) had been made since 2007.
DHS Takes Steps To Prevent Sexual Abuse In Immigrant Detention (HuffPo)