Sex News: Sex in the Middle East, Microsoft’s sexist Xbox One gimmick, white guys and Asian girls
- The data shown above come from the Facebook dating app, Are You Interested (AYI). All men except Asians preferred Asian women, while all except black women preferred white men. And both black men and black women got the lowest response rates for their respective genders.
The uncomfortable racial preferences revealed by online dating (Quartz)
- Hotel heiress and author (!?) Paris Hilton told a TMZ reporter yesterday that she “never made a dollar” from her infamous sex tape, 1 Night in Paris. “I make enough money in nice ways,” she said as she was exiting LAX airport.
Paris Hilton Denies Making Money Off Sex Tape (XBIZ)
- Shereen El Feki, author of Sex and the Citadel, points out that many sex workers believe they can keep their virginity intact and not be at risk of HIV/Aids because they only perform anal and oral sex, which isn’t true. She told DNA that many of these male clients are the same men who end up marrying women who are pressured to remain virgins until marriage. Because of these men’s actions, their wives become criminalized if they are infected.
Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby…In the Middle East (Fusion)
- I’m really excited about my next book, which will be out soon! The authors I got to work with in Best Women’s Erotica 2014 are incredible. (Amazon)
- UK adults wanting to view explicit content will “have to have a discussion” with their spouse or partner, Prime Minister David Cameron told BBC Radio on Nov. 18. At a London conference that day, Google and Microsoft announced controls that limit child porn searches, initiatives Cameron threatened to enforce through legislation if not enacted voluntarily.
In Child Porn Crackdown, U.K.’s Internet Filter Strategy Ensnares ISPs (Businessweek)
- PornHub apparently issued a press release about its data-linkbait project, because after notorious PR site WebProNews regurgitated the info, it next appeared on Vice, Jezebel and other websites having a slow news day and looking to reprint some PR. I do love looking at the PornHub Insights data; I just had to point out the story’s progression.
People Really Do Give Up Porn for Baby Jesus (Webpronews)
- France, with its long history of liberal attitudes towards sex, looks set to introduce €1,500 fines for clients of prostitutes. As the divisive bill goes before lawmakers, sex workers argue it will make their lives more dangerous. Equality groups, however, back the plan.
France set for new law to fine clients of prostitutes (The Local)
- The first issue of indie zine Fucking Trans Women is here, in both digital and analog versions, for only $8.
Fucking Trans Women (fuckingtranswomen.tumblr.com)