Sex News: Public vasectomies, hackers and hookers, George R.R. Martin talks Game of Bones
- A new photo series from U.K. publication The Sun, called What Real Men Look Like in Pants Ads, shows regular blokes posing in their skivvies. Each real dude wears a designer brand like Dolce and Gabbana and Armani and strikes the same pose as a famous model like David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, David Gandy, and Freddie Ljungberg.
This Is What Everyday Dudes Look Like Posed As Underwear Sex Gods (FastCoCreate)
- After some minor prodding by Andy Cohen and a very porno soundtrack, actor George Takei read his favorite bit of Star Trek erotica on last night’s Watch What Happens Live.
George Takei Reads Sulu Erotic Fan Fiction (Video, Observer)
- BioWare has tentatively included thematically serious sex scenes in its games, to much public comment, ever since the first Mass Effect. David Gaider, lead writer on BioWare’s Dragon Age series, gave a talk at this year’s Game Developers Conference called ‘Sex in Videogames’, in which he pointed out that sex is an exceedingly popular topic on the BioWare forum. Yet videogames, he says, have a very particular image problem.
Why are big-budget game developers so afraid of exploring sexual themes? (Edge Online)
- Cox Communications, AT&T, Bright House Networks, Verizon and Comcast contend that a company’s effort to find the names of IP addresses that downloaded pirated copies of a porn movie is really a case of copyright trolling in order to extract settlements before revealing users’ names.
Internet Providers Appeal Order to Reveal Names of Porn Movie Pirates (Variety)
- Users of the gloriously acerbic and out-of-touch mommy message board UrbanBaby had a collective freak-out today when the site was overrun with dirty pictures and foreign text. Their reactions were… probably well worth the troller’s efforts.
UrbanBaby Shaken to Its Core by Porn Spammer (NY Mag)
- The Guardian UK article cited widely across mainstream media about ‘no sex in Japan’ is egregiously falsified and comes from a Marie Claire writer who used the warped information in a previous Marie Claire piece. Global Voices talks to her original sources, then dismantles the piece (echoing the sentiments of many on Twitter) – but has Guardian UK corrected their article?
The Guardian’s (Mis)guide To Japanese Sex Trends (Global Voices)
- MUMBAI, India — “I can feel a bit of tugging, but it doesn’t hurt at all,” said Chris Wiren, as a surgeon performed a 10-minute vasectomy on the 39-year-old father of four live on stage.
Public vasectomies promote family planning (Bangor Daily News)
- Daily Dot has interesting analysis and commentary on porn director Axel Braun’s decision to announce that he’ll only employ performers over the age of 21.
How young is too young for porn? (Daily Dot)
- The history of sexology runs far deeper than a few charismatic figures. Their names may not be as familiar to us, but there were many other fascinating early sex researchers who left their own interesting legacies, and not always entirely positive ones at that. Some of these forgotten scholars were, like Masters and Johnson, angels of sexual healing; yet others were, quite frankly, bastards of bigotry.
Five Sex Research Pioneers You’ve Probably Never Heard Of (Discover Magazine)
- A porn parody writer who aspires to be the “Quentin Tarantino of Porn” shared the secrets behind writing scripts that feature a “winning combination of humor, story and hardcore fucking.” The creative mind behind such XXX flicks such as “My Slutty Valentine” and most recently “American Whore Story” went on Reddit today to answer everyone’s questions.
Dude Who Writes Porn Parodies Describes How The XXX Magic Happens (LAist)
- Pink and prison don’t mix. Just ask Navy seaman turned gay porn star Richard Caswell, who was tossed in jail after he angrily barged into the Hell’s Kitchen studio of adult film mogul Michael Lucas last month.
‘Not ideal’: Gay porn star jailed while wearing pink (NY Post)
- Friend Bacchus writes, “Apparently this statue is at the center of a controversy in Kansas, where the raving loonies are having a second try at getting it declared legally obscene… The American Civil Liberties Union is on the case (naturally enough) and recently they made a FaceBook post about it that included a photo of the statue. Facebook deleted it. And gave the freakin’ ACLU a 24-hour posting ban for having posted it…”
Pornocalypse Comes… For The ACLU (ErosBlog: The Sex Blog)
- During World War II a very surprised group of Soviet soldiers managed to stumble on Catherine the Great’s special room while exploring a palace. It was packed with explicit art, wooden phalluses and some insane furniture. Instead of looting or burning the lot, the soldiers took pictures.
Catherine the Great’s dirty, dirty furniture collection (Dangerousminds)
- Ebooks with such shocking titles as Don’t Daddy (Forced Virgin Seduction) and Forced By My Big Brother: Sleep Sex And Defloration With My Unaware Little Step Sister (nonconsensual taboo teen sex erotica) were reportedly available for sale on Amazon’s Kindle platform. Now they’re not. And Forbes has an idea…
How Amazon, Nook And Kobo Should Deal With Their Porn Problems (Forbes)
- Las Vegas Strip nightclub The Act club inside The Palazzo resort and casino closed, a month after a judge ordered it to clean up its envelope-pushing sex shows. The club had been in a legal battle with its landlords over risque scenes that included simulated sex acts and performers tossing condoms into the audience.
Vegas nightclub closes after battle over sex shows (NBC News)
- Rihanna’s millions of social-media followers probably appreciated her diligent documentation of her recent adventures in Thailand, but the locals who were getting arrested over her posts might not be quite so happy.
Rihanna Tweet Leads to Arrest of Thai Sex-Show Owner (TIME)
- “We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet.”
I Am Benedict Cumberbatch. AMA. (Reddit)