Sex News: Thingiverse, Chubby Checker, Sasha Grey, Pope sex crime immunity
- The Pope will have immunity from prosecution regarding the mishandling of child sex crimes by staying within the walls of the Vatican, according to an anonymous Vatican source. Reuters reported Friday, Feb. 15, that church sources have explained that the retiring Pope Benedict would be “defenseless” if he leaves the Vatican.
The Pope seeks immunity from child sex crime conspiracy investigation (Examiner; also Reuters has what looks to me like Vatican-issued PR on the topic)
- This is a total puff piece about 3D printing and sex toys (there is not currently a home-printing sex toy phenomenon). But don’t miss where Thingiverse’s lawyer said that Thingiverse has disallowed CAD files of sex toy blueprints on its website because, “We want to be open-source but we have to draw the line. You can’t post that stuff here.” Which shows us all how they really feel about open source. As in, Thingiverse will allow the red-headed stepchild of innovation (known as open source) into their house, but they ‘have to draw the line’ at family photos…
Cheap 3D printers fuel home-printed sex toy “phenomenon” (Dezeen)
- Great news! The number one sex-ed website for young adults – our beloved Scarleteen – now has live IM sex advice!
Scarleteen Live! (Scarleteen)
- A billboard making oral sex jokes and featuring porn star and Charlie Sheen “goddess” Bree Olson is currently up on a busy street corner in Chicago.
Porn Ads Reaching New Mainstream Levels (Buzzfeed)
- File under: censorship is at its most unchecked and frightening extremes when under the banner of fear: Iceland could become the first Western democracy to attempt censorship of the internet under radical proposals to block online pornography.
Iceland considers pornography ban (Telegraph)
- Good news. The sex ed reform bill we wanted has made it closer to the finish line: Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ), and 32 other Democratic politicians re-introduced the “Real Education for Healthy Youth Act” on Thursday, legislation that would “expand comprehensive sex education programs in schools and ensure that federal funds are spent on effective, age-appropriate, medically accurate programs.”
Lawmakers Introduce Sweeping Sex Ed Bill To Expand LGBT Inclusive, Gender Balanced Health Classes (Think Progress)
- Maggie Mayhem has written a lengthy rage-post about her troubling personal experiences working at Kink.com, and levies a number of strong accusations at founder and CEO Peter Acworth (and others) who she says have shaped and participated in what she describes as a dark behind-the-scenes culture.
Tales Of Kink.Com (Maggie Mayhem Speaks)
- Meet Crave’s Duet, a dual-headed vibrator that charges via USB and can store up to 16GB of digital stuff. Half of it is the rechargeable battery with the Flash memory—convenient to store all your porn—and the other half is the dual-headed vibe.
Duet Vibrator Comes With Up to 16GB of Storage—Wait, What? (Gizmodo)
- Google is trying to figure out the cause of a mysterious search bug that returns pages and pages of almost exclusively pornographic and adult results when users enter certain equations or search strings.
Google Search Glitch Serves Up Porn Results, Links (Sydney Morning Herald)