- Sure to be a hot spot during the Republican National Convention? (Only mildly NSFW gallery.)
21 Revealing Photos From Inside Tampa’s Most Famous Strip Club (Buzzfeed)
- Tumblr is not censoring NSFW blogs, duh – it has an erotica community openly endorsed, and launched by Tumblr itself. Let’s hope that TechCrunch never changes, because someone still has to make WIRED look good.
Stand Down: Tumblr Denies Putting the Kibosh Specifically on NSFW Blogs (Betabeat)
- GOD THIS IS A DEPRESSING HEADLINE.
Facebook Fundamentals Drive Adult Web Design (XBIZ)
- …aaaand so is this one… Adult performer Mr. Marcus told XBIZ Tuesday that he is “very sorry” for altering his STI test result that showed he tested positive for syphilis.
Syphilis-Positive Porn Performer Mr. Marcus Apologizes, Admits to Altered Test (XBIZ)
- Two members of Jordan’s paralympic team who use wheelchairs and a trainer accused of sexual assault won’t be competing in the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
Two Paralympians, trainer out of London games over sex assault charges (CNN)
- Bill Brent, author and published much-loved by sex positive and BDSM communities committed suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge this week. A memorial is planned tomorrow in San Francisco.
Bill Brent Memorial Planned for September 9 (Thomas Roche)
- China’s embrace of social media is fueling a sexual revolution the government can’t stifle, as Chinese use microblogs and GPS-based apps to learn about sexuality, talk about sex and, yes, hook up.
China Discovers Sex Online as Porn Invades Social Media (The Daily Beast)
- A former Google worker describes a year spent reviewing content such as bestiality, necrophilia, body mutilations (gore, shock, beheadings, suicides), and child pornography found across all Google products — an experience that he describes as “scarring.”
Tech Confessional: The Googler Who Looked At The Worst Of The Internet (Buzzfeed)
- In a new Japanese Toyota ad, the long-haired 19-year-old Ukrainian Stav Strashko struts toward a car as the camera lovingly follows the model’s perfect, red bikini-bottomed butt. Yup, that bare chest is flat, but the bulge in the bikini bottom is not.
Toyota’s gender-bending win (Salon)
- Because, you know.
Prince Harry — Naked Pictures of Las Vegas Rager Leaked (TMZ)
- A German law firm that has been pursuing net pirates says it is going to begin naming some of those accused. Assholes.
German ‘porn pirates’ to be named (BBC News)
- One of my fantastic colleagues has a new book coming out about male prostate play, and it’s now available for pre-order.
The Ultimate Guide to Prostate Pleasure: Erotic Exploration for Men and Their Partners: Charlie Glickman (Amazon)
- Studies have uncovered a gap between the number of women who can be potentially diagnosed with Female Sexual Dysfunction and those who seem to actually have a problem.
Sex Science: The Making of a Disease (Cliterati)
- Frieze caught up with John Waters at his Baltimore home to discuss sex, death, God, and the art world. Here’s the highlight reel.
Watch This: At Home with John Waters (UnBeige)
- Ontion video: Tampa Bay gay sex workers say they plan to rake in the cash sucking off secretly gay Republican politicians during the Republican National Convention.
Tampa Bay Gay Prostitutes Gearing Up For Flood Of Closeted Republicans (The Onion, autoplay warning)
- Trigger warning for sexual trauma and abuse survivors: “It would not be long before I would learn firsthand that in the vast majority of states — 31 — men who father through rape are able to assert the same custody and visitation rights to their children that other fathers enjoy.”
Raped, pregnant and ordeal not over (CNN)
- Barnes & Noble is crediting sales of the erotic series Fifty Shades of Grey—along with the liquidation of its archrival, Borders—with helping the company narrow losses this quarter, to $41 million.
Sex Helps Sell Books, Barnes & Noble Learns (Businessweek)
- Over the past two decades, circumcision rates in the U.S. have fallen to 55 percent from a peak of about 79 percent.
Decline In Circumcisions Could Prove Costly (NPR)
- Way more fun than I ever had on that site… Huh. Once a week, Daily Intel takes a peek behind doors left slightly ajar. This week, the “Funemployed” Williamsburger Using OkCupid: Female, 28.
OkCupid Sex Diary (Daily Intel)