- FleshStarter has been in development for more than a year and is intended to complement existing crowdfunding sites, such as Kickstarter and IndieGoGo, that bar participation by adult oriented projects.
New Adult Crowdfunding Website Set to Launch (XBIZ)
- July was “Heterosexual Awareness Month” – I think? Either way, I totally missed Straight Pride Day.
Everything You Need To Know About “Heterosexual Awareness Month” (Buzzfeed)
- As far as I’m concerned “Cloud Atlas” is the only statement Lana Wachowski needs to ever make about her transition.
‘Cloud Atlas’ and Lana Wachowski’s Return to Public Life (ThinkProgress)
- IFC Films has released a new trailer and one sheet for director Stephen Elliott‘s “About Cherry,” and announced a limited national release for September 21. (Read my review of About Cherry on SFAppeal.)
Lorelei Lee’s ‘About Cherry’ Gets U.S. Release Date, Trailer (XBIZ)
- With the introduction of Sony’s new $800 3-D high definition head mount, the possibilities for creating truly immersive out-of-body sexual experiences are broadening again.
Bi-Autoerotic Intercourse: Sex Tech You Can Make at Home! (Future of Sex)
- The child sex abuse scandal at Penn State University has set a ripple effect in motion. Nationwide, victims are stepping out and naming their alleged abusers, two or five or 20 years later – and many of the named situations involve sports coaches.
More sex abuse victims speak out in Charlotte & nationwide after Sandusky (WCNC.com Charlotte)
- I just don’t even understand what Business Insider is supposed to be about anymore. Example:
Insights On The Porn Industry From Model Victoria Rae Black (Business Insider)
- Hot. Male. Olympians. Also: holy cats, Breaux Greer is awfully nice looking in that photo (above).
Hot Olympic Male Swimmers (Ms Naughty’s Porn For Women) and Hot Olympians Tumblr (Tumblr, via Vivane)
- Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos and his wife, MacKenzie, are making a $2.5 million investment to the fight for marriage equality in Washington State.
Amazon Founder Donates $2.5 Million to Marriage Equality (Human Rights Campaign)
- Multiple users who have had their Windows Live accounts suspended over content that was uploaded to their SkyDrive: private content that violated their ban on profanity, nudity of any kind (full, partial, human, non-human, animate, or photographic), “obscenity,” and the fact that you can’t incite or advocate for any of these things.
SkyDrive brings 1950s censorship to 2012 technology (The Compass Project)
- Henry Winkler is returning to Broadway – as “the hardest working man in the business” – the porn industry, that is.
Henry Winkler, Cheyenne Jackson to be Broadway porn stars (USA Today)
- A perfect marriage of morality and hypocrisy if you ask me… A semi-official Iranian news agency says police hope to work with Facebook to fight cyber-crimes and pornography — a turnabout in Tehran’s stance toward the social networking giant
Iran seeks to work with Facebook against porn (CBS News)
- In case you missed it, this good thing happened: “Defense attorneys for two teenagers who pleaded guilty to assaulting 17-year-old Savannah Dietrich have withdrawn their motion that she be held in contempt for tweeting the names of her attackers in defiance of a court order.”
Contempt motion withdrawn for assault victim Savannah Dietrich (The Courier-Journal)
- Just… eeek. “From Korea, for those who like to ride horses in front of their TV and in the comfort of their own home. (…)”
Korea Has Invented Something Much Worse Than The Shake Weight (Buzzfeed)
- Uh-oh. Jennie Ketcham (formerly Penny Flame) is hinging her PR on being a ‘disciple’ of sex-negative drug company shill Dr. Drew.
Ex-porn star writes about Flame out (Boston Herald)
- Jimmy Flynt and his older, more famous brother, Larry, haven’t spoken in three years and have been fighting in court for most of that time over the future of the Hustler adult entertainment business.
The Flynts: Porn business is now a family feud (Cincinnati.com)
- Dita Von Teese took the time to do an email interview with Collector’s Weekly from Paris to talk about her eccentric collecting tendencies.
Va-Va-Voom Vintage: Dita Von Teese on Burlesque, Fast Cars, and Old Lingerie (Collectors Weekly)
Main post image from Party Girls by Greg Kadel (BambiAttack).