- Clever sexy-queer Mad Men video remixes: Don Draper’s brooding silences and Roger Sterling’s macho banter, when juxtaposed with razor-sharp editing, follow the plotline above in QueerMen: Don Loves Roger. Carrie and the girls talk the feminist talk, but in the Queer Carrie remix project, they walk the walk – embracing lesbianism.
Sex, Lies, and Video Remixes: Critiquing ‘Mad Men’ in Its Own Words (The Atlantic)
- Jessamyn Smith got annoyed when an IRC chatbot set to interject “that’s what she said” into conversations went overboard, so she wrote her own bot in response – set to respond to every “that’s what she said” with a quote from a notable woman.
What she really said: Fighting sexist jokes the geeky way! (Geek Feminism Blog, thanks Paul!)
- In an agreement with California’s attorney general, sites including Match.com and EHarmony will cross-check applications with sex-offender databases and work harder to verify data in user profiles.
Dating websites get matched up with some accountability (LA Times)
- Dr. Petra points us to Open University’s ‘Enduring Love’ project (open to all), a two year study that will look at how couples stay together.
Enduring Love? Couple Relationships in the 21st Century (Dr. Petra)
- Here’s a saucy lingerie photoset with Hunger Games’ Leven Rambin. (Maxim)
- On the heels of Rick Santorum publicly pledging to ‘vigorously enforce the nation’s adult obscenity laws,’ and with last year’s Congressional bipartisan support to do the same, Morality in Media is pressuring Romney to outline his plan to start a war on porn.
Porn an Issue in Presidential Race? Romney, Santorum, Gingrich Agree (The Cypress Times)
- The three videos for Canada’s Amour Adult TV (one is above) are hilarious short re-spinnings of porn’s most ridiculous tropes, and they are well-played.
The best TV commercials for a porn channel ever! (Copyranter)
- Google Play banned a popular Reddit Android app over spurious adult content violations – for linking to pages that *link* to adult content.
Google porn-bans Reddit Android app for linking to… Reddit (ZDNet)
- Great sexy slideshow! A literary historian has uncovered thousands of banned books buried seven storeys underground in the National Archives of Australia building in Sydney.
Historian uncovers Australia’s censored books (Australian Broadcasting Corporation, via Ms. Naughty)
- Taken from its official website: Walgreen’s is trying a little too hard to sell one of its secret, online-only products.
Walgreens’ Creepily Graphic Pocket Vagina Description (Buzzfeed)
- Hot: in Esquire’s new sex survey, 14% of married men have had at least one sexual encounter with another man.
Sex Survey 2012 – Esquire Sex Survey Results for Men (Esquire)
- At the UK Sexual Health Awards 2012, one of the celebs presenting was none other than sex blogger and pal Zoe Margolis, aka Girl With A One Track Mind.
The UK Sexual Health Awards 2012 winners announced (BMJ Journal of Family Planning blog)
- Findings from a first-of-its-kind study by Indiana University researchers confirm anecdotal evidence that exercise – absent sex or fantasies – can lead to female orgasm.
Exercise can lead to female orgasm, sexual pleasure (Eurekalert)