Don’t despair having an unsexy Kindle: a new Kink Your Kindle post is here. My newest picks for the season’s hottest lit-smut and must-have explicit sex books will kinkify your little Kindle – with no one the wiser.
Every pick on the list below has explicit sex, and the range spans from true-love romance with hardcore sex all the way to some seriously filthy porn – all with superlative writing. Expect compelling stories, top notch authors, tense sexual realism, and exciting characters. Look for well-crafted narratives, erotic power play and no dull climaxes.
- Dark Secret Love: A Story of Submission ($10.59) by Alison Tyler
I love this book. Dark Secret Love is a modern-day Story of O, a 9 1/2 Weeks-style journey fueled by lust, longing and the search for true love. Inspired by her BDSM lifestyle and based on her private diaries, Tyler creates a scorchingly hot work of tense dominant-submissive fiction, a meta-novel with very real characters whose sex is so passionate and unpredictable, it’s impossible to stop turning pages once the sex starts.
- The Juliette Society ($8.89; UK) by Sasha Grey
One night, at a club, she meets at a man who leads her into a strange world. And soon she is drawn toward the Juliette Society, an exclusive secret society in which all the deepest, darkest fantasies are explored. But for those who join this world, there is no turning back.
- Open: Five Filthy Bisexual Erotic Stories ($3.49; UK) by Tenille Brown, Sommer Marsden, Sophia Valenti and two more
Excellent mini-collection. Open features five filthy bisexual erotic stories by some of today’s top writers in the field. These sultry pieces focus on f/f/m pairings in a wide array of situations.
- The Voyeur ($2.99) by Kay Jaybee
Wealthy businessman and committed voyeur, Mark Parker, has a list of 13 fantasies he is intent on turning into reality. Traveling between his London flat, his plush Oxfordshire mansion, and Discreet, his favorite BDSM club; Mark is helped to realize his imaginatively dark erotic desires by two loyal members of his staff – his personal assistant, Anya Grant, and his housekeeper, Clara Hooper.
- Someone Else’s Skin ($2.99) by Elizabeth Coldwell
An erotic novel with fantasy, time travel, BDSM, bondage and restraint, spanking and ménage themes. When Annie Harrison is hypnotised for an article she’s writing, she finds herself in the body of Jai Galloway, a 23rd-century eco activist who plans to go back in time and save the earth’s atmosphere from being destroyed. Loving what her new body can do, Annie is soon living two existences – one with her kinky musician boyfriend and one in the future, where she learns all the tricks of sex as a man. But the more time she spends in Jai’s body, the more threat she faces of being trapped there forever…
- Hidden Dragons ($4.99) by Emma Holly
If you miss Game of Thrones, don’t miss the tragedy of the series, but want a tense fantasy story with deliciously written, explicit sex (by the top erotic paranormal writer in the business), you won’t regret buying and reading this book. “She transports us to her world of Resurrection, a pocket of magical creatures and fae hidden in the mundane realm of humans — a portal between the not always so friendly fairie realm and the human’s earth. How do you get the hunky were-boy you crushed on in high school out of your system when he shows up at your door a jaw-dropping, drool-worthy police detective? And just how seriously should you take your father when he tells you dragons still exist?”
- Dirty Thoughts From the Back of the Room ($2.99) by ten authors; Write Sex Right
A great little collection of ten stories (and one essay) comprised of flash-fiction, written about – and at – a conference.
- Sticky Fingers ($5.99) by Alison Tyler
One of my favorite explicit novels, ever. A very sexy noir-style romp through San Francisco where the main character is a jewel thief. There are many vivid, well-crafted sex scenes, spanking scenes, threesomes, orgies, and more. The private detective in the story who trails the main character is right out of a Chandler book.
- Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us ($11.04; release is October 8) by Jesse Bering
“You are a sexual deviant. A pervert, through and through.” We may not want to admit it, but as the award-winning columnist and psychologist Jesse Bering reveals in Perv, there is a spectrum of perversion along which we all sit. Whether it’s voyeurism, exhibitionism, or your run-of-the-mill foot fetish, we all possess a suite of sexual tastes as unique as our fingerprints—and as secret as the rest of the skeletons we’ve hidden in our closets.
- Ashely’s New Owner ($3.99) by N.T. Morley
Lovely young Ashley is an obedient and willing slave, owned and trained by her Master, the wealthy and powerful Rafael. An insatiable bottom with an appetite for exhibitionism, bondage and sex. Ashley fulfills her duties with great enthusiasm, enjoying everything her Master and his friends have in store. She is happy with her submissive life at fetish parties, in dungeons, and even in strangers’ bedrooms. But her Master and his’ friends have limits and Ashley has yet to feel completely fulfilled. Without warning, she is snatched from her home by a group of strange men who spirit her to a secret dungeon for the kind of working-over that Ashley has only fantasized about. Ashley has no doubt that this is some new game from her Master – but is it for her pleasure, for punishment, or some kind of “test?”
- Best Erotic Romance 2013 ($9.99) edited by Kristina Wright
This collection of romantic sexcapades has a killer lineup of authors – many contributors to this book are personal favorites. If you’ve ever dug a romance film or rom-com, but wanted to actually see the characters have that hot kind of rip-your-clothes sex that only people in love can do, then this diverse collection of stories will definitely satisfy you.
Don’t forget me! I have a new book!
- Adventurous Couple’s Guide to Sex Toys, 2nd Edition ($10.09) by Violet Blue
“With a practical, sex-positive approach, she leads readers through the maze of sex toys on the market, explaining the many options available, including different materials, care and cleaning, and how to see through exaggerated marketing claims. Along the way Violet offers tips on creative usage and ideas for introducing sex toys to a relationship: how to ask your boyfriend to use the blindfold in your bedside drawer or how to surprise your wife with a saucy gift without getting your face slapped (unless that was the point).”
Want more books to choose from? Find more in some of my previous Kink Your Kindle lists:
- New study shows that after viewing porn, people who are assholes behave more sexist. Media outlets are picking this one up as “porn makes men sexist” – but the study clearly states that the people who behaved more sexist after watching porn were already unpleasant and had disagreeable personalities to begin with. Viewing porn didn’t actually “make” anyone sexist. Earlier this year, the same group of researchers found that porn may not influence teenagers’ sexual behavior as much as often thought.
Watching porn makes men [and women] sexist (universitypost.dk)
- Wikipedia has reportedly abandoned efforts to implement a filter to remove explicit images from its user-generated online encyclopedia after board members could not agree on a feasible method to do so. The Wikipedia Foundation attempted to clean up “questionable” photos and videos from its site after FoxNews published an exposé concerning the offending material, FoxNews said in a recent article.
Wikipedia Gives Porn a Break (XBIZ)
- Porn company Shane’s World started an Offbeatr campaign and is telling press that it is the first adult film studio to attempt to fully crowdfund porn (we all know it is not – but HuffPo bought it). The company is raising money from fans for its series “Shane’s World 43.” Contributors will get to choose the show’s location, stars and stars’ activities, and a few will travel with the crew to wherever filming will take place. Other contributors win sex toys, porn star phone calls and custom-made sex videos.
Crowdfunded Porn Reality Show Will Let Contributors Dictate The Show (HuffPo)
- “He’s become a staple for the gossip pages, particularly the New York Post’s Page Six. In November he was banned from the midtown outlet of Robert De Niro’s celebrity sushi joint, Nobu. Ten days later he was taken into custody for allegedly pulling a gun on an elevator operator. And most notoriously, this June it was revealed that he had been sending friends copies of a sex tape involving three women that he filmed in the back of a limousine.”
Guns, Girls And Sex Tapes: The Unhinged, Hedonistic Saga Of Billionaire Stewart Rahr, ‘Number One King Of All Fun’ (Forbes)
- More than 2 million people in the U.S. are sickened by antibiotic-resistant germs each year, and at least 23,000 die, according to the first report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to rank the threats. Three bacteria, including drug-resistant gonorrhea, are classified as urgent threats with the potential to become widespread.
Gonorrhea Among Drug-Resisting Germs Sickening Millions (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- This is a lot of fun. Interviewee: Pauline, 98, retired mother of two. Divorced. Lives in Florida; grew up in New York. Married in 1923, 1941, and 1959.
Sex Advice from a 98-Year-Old Woman (Esquire)
- In an era when many Playboy readers have grown up viewing online pornography and a monthly title featuring narrow stereotypes of softcore pinups is irrelevant as fuck, the men’s lifestyle magazine is in the midst of an editorial reboot – of sorts. As Playboy approaches its 60th anniversary, the magazine faces decades of ebbing influence, declining circulation (from a 1972 peak of more than 7 million issues distributed monthly to 1.25 million today) and, worse still, a lowering in August by Standard & Poor’s of Playboy Enterprises Inc.’s corporate credit rating from a B-minus to CCC-plus.
To Playboy magazine, sophistication is the new sexy (LA Times)
- Alpha Media Group, parent of Maxim, has sold the brand to Darden Media Group (owned by former UPS executive turned property developer Calvin Darden Sr). The sale includes the magazine and its 15 international editions sold in 34 countries, all Maxim events and digital assets. Maxim was taken over by creditors after a $250 million buyout; financial terms of the Darden deal weren’t disclosed.
Maxim Sold to Darden Media Group (FishbowlNY)
Post images courtesy of friendly and fun French production company Dorcel Club.