Belgium based B-Classic has started The Classical Comeback Video: “a new music video format that gives classical music the same recognition as pop and rock music by combining the timeless emotion of classical music with the visual talent of a contemporary director.” It’s open to submissions. “The Classical Comeback is a creative format open to anyone” and they have just a few rules, such as submission length under five minutes.
Above is the first entry for the project, Dvořák – Symphony No. 9 Allegro con fuoco in E-Minor (From the new world – Smetana The Moldau IV Allegro con fuoco, Herbert Von Karajan & Wiener Philharmoniker, Deutsche Grammophone – Universal Music). It’s directed by Raf Reyntjens with choreography by Ari & Miu (Waveya). And, it has been making the rounds on blogs and linkbait sites without any of its interesting context or explanations. B-Classic tells us,
Raf Reyntjens shot B-classic’s first Classical Comeback video in South Korea. Where the local Wayeva group performed their unique choreography on Dvorak’s New World. Asia today is what America was 100 years ago: the new world. Great composers like Dvorak did write their music for everyone. Their goal was to give people a break, let them escape from reality and to move them.
Don’t get hacked. Make safe online profiles. Fight back against harassment. Learn how in my new book The Smart Girl’s Guide to Privacy (also on iTunes).
- Right now, beards are in, but a team of scientists suggest we may be nearing “peak beard.” This is more than just a bit of a fashion advice—the fact that we’re so fickle about facial hair says something interesting about human sexual selection.
What “Peak Beard” Says About Human Sexual Selection (Smithsonian Magazine)
- Warning: extreme animal cruelty warning in this story. A second adult fetish model was arrested Wednesday for her role in a series of porn videos that Miami-Dade police say depicted the decapitation of chickens and deaths of other animals. Her arrest comes less than two weeks after authorities charged another model, Sara Zamora, 28, with eight felony counts of animal cruelty.
Model in Miami-Dade animal torture porn case granted bond (Miami Herald)
- Since 1983, Larry Flynt has sent the monthly magazine he founded, Hustler, to each and every member of Congress. Following the complaints from 264 congressional offices in 1984, the U.S. Postal Service asked the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to block the mailings. But that request failed when the court ruled two years later that the delivery of the magazine could not be stopped.
Why Every Member of Congress Gets a Monthly Porn Delivery (NAME)
- “I think this woman is wrong about something on the Internet. Clearly my best course of action is to threaten her with rape.” That’s crazy talk, right? So why does it happen all the time? Honest question, dudes.
Fake Geek Guys: A Message to Men About Sexual Harassment (Comics Alliance)
- “For reasons too complex and bizarre to explain in full, I found myself needing to learn the craft of ballooning such that I could create sculptures of genitalia to support a lecture series at a museum. Such a ludicrous skill should not be kept secret, so I shall share it here. What follows is a not at all safe for work guide to balloon making.”
NSFW Balloon Animals (Mad Art Lab, thanks JWZ!)
- “Earlier today, scientists announced they’d discovered an insect with a new kind of female sex organ. It looks a bit like a penis, and is called a gynosome. But almost every news outlet covered the story by describing the insects as “females with penises.” This isn’t just painfully wrong — it’s bad for science.”
Your Penis Is Getting in the Way of My Science (i09)
- All due respect to this writer, but she got the headline wrong. Mr. Harvey does not need to have a seat, Mr. Harvey needs to shut the fuck up.
Why Steve Harvey Needs to Have a Seat (HuffPo)
- Sex Criminals is a great comic, and one that was hit with unfair bullshit by Apple censors, but this is another wrong headline. The first two things stated about sex in this article are astonishingly incorrect. There is a G-spot (so much science on this!) and the mechanics of female pleasure are not elusive.
The Man Behind the Comic Book That Finally Got Sex Right (WIRED)
- In an area where the sexually active are ashamed to buy condoms, it’s no surprise an estimated 1.6M Kenyans struggle with HIV/AIDS. Nairobi-based Center for African Family Studies (CAFS) teamed up with Kenyan artist Michael Soi to create a funky condom line with pop art-inspired packaging. The NGO came up with the idea after posting pictures of glow-in-the-dark, printed, and flavored condoms obtained from a Capetown HIV conference on Facebook. Youth started to call and ask where they could purchase them…
Kenyan NGO Promotes Safe Sex Thru Colorful Condom Wrappers (ClutchMag)
- Spreadsheets (the sex activity app that analyzes data from movement and audio levels using your phone’s accelerometer and microphone) previously gave us a state-by-state breakdown of sex and now they’ve gone global with the data. As a country, the U.S. has the most sex with an average of 3 minutes and 45 seconds. China is #2 in amount of sex but is a full minute behind us.
Map shows which country has the most sex and which has the longest sex (Sploid/Gizmodo)
Fashion porn alert: Davide Ambroggio’s Dominant Femme in Bambi Magazine XVI begins here at image 83, and the whole set is pretty fucking sexy.
Don’t get hacked. Make safe dating profiles. Fight back against online harassment. Learn how in my new book The Smart Girl’s Guide to Privacy (also on iTunes). Find out more at Smart Privacy.
- A rapper who has worked with the Wu-Tang Clan cut off his own penis before attempting suicide by leaping from a building, police said today. Andre Johnson was rushed to hospital on Wednesday after he jumped from a second-floor balcony at an apartment building in North Hollywood. Mr Johnson was found on the sidewalk critically injured and was taken to hospital along with his severed penis. It is unclear if doctors are attempting to reattach his penis, TMZ reported.
Wu-Tang Clan-affiliated rapper cuts off his own penis before attempting suicide by jumping from a building (DailyMail)
- Sweetie looks much like other unfortunate young Filipinas. Just 10 years old, her user profile shows, she spends her days online fielding requests from men who offer her money to perform sexual acts in front of a webcam. Unlike her peers, though, Sweetie is a computer-generated avatar created by a Dutch non-profit group seeking to unmask sexual predators on the Internet. Some 20,000 people contacted Sweetie during the eight weeks she was online last year, while researchers in an Amsterdam warehouse used keystrokes to turn her head, make her stare attentively or reach to adjust her webcam.
Pedophiles Lured by Avatar in Tech Industry Porn Fight (Bloomberg)
- China’s National Office Against Pornographic and Illegal Publications just announced another big campaign against pornography. The “Cleaning the web” initiative is to last until November and target websites, search portals, mobile app stores, and set-top boxes that provide access to porn.
China’s latest crackdown on porn has little to do with porn (Quartz)
- “If only they were a little more like . . . earrings,” the Kate Upton said of her 34-D’s. “If I could just take them off like they were clip-ons.”
Kate Upton hates her breasts (Page Six)
- “I’ve been performing in feminist porn for several years, and this year I attended the Ninth Annual Good for Her Feminist Porn Awards and Conference in Toronto. (…) The director’s vision was for us to act out a sensual kink scene inspired by the most popular fan-fiction in all the land: 50 Shades of Grey. However, dirty talk and rough sex were frowned upon, as the producers were aiming for something more BDSM-light.” (She’s talking smack about filming this scene for Ms. Naughty.)
Authentically Yours: Feminist Porn Gets Political (SF Weekly)
- During its five-year, four-city pilot, the CDC is focusing on preventing dating violence among middle-schoolers in Baltimore, Chicago, Oakland, and Fort Lauderdale. As part of follow-up research to assess the program’s effectiveness, the pilot will compare an eighth-grade-only program in schools with a comprehensive approach spanning three grades and multiple spheres of influence.
The New Sex Education Focuses on Preventing Violence (The Atlantic)
- In a new video created by TDA_Boulder for Sir Richards Condom Company, Andrew Kresge, director of operations for Sir Richards, says, “I’m doing my part to help the world. That’s what we do here at Sir Richard’s. For every condom you purchase, we donate one to a developing country. So far, Sir Richard’s has donated over 2.5 million condoms.”
Half Naked Man Says the More Sex We Have The More Lives We Save (AdRants)
- An online petition that seeks to oust the AIDS Healthcare Foundation’s CEO and president, Michael Weinstein, now has the support of the Free Speech Coalition. Weinstein has been asked to resign from his post for recent comments made about Truvada, the pre-exposure prophylaxis, FDA-approved medication for use by people at high risk for HIV. The drug is intended to help prevent transmission of the virus.
FSC Supports Change.org Petition Targeting AHF’s Weinstein (XBIZ)
- The Louisiana House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly — 27–67 — to retain a law banning “crimes against nature,” including oral sex and all forms of same-sex sexual contact. The law has been unenforceable for over ten years, since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Lawrence v. Texas that laws criminalizing consensual private sexual behavior are unconstitutional.
Louisiana Lawmakers Refuse To Repeal State Law Banning Oral Sex (ThinkProgress)
- I covered the reactive, transparent dress two years ago, but still want one! The INTIMACY 2.0 project (because it can’t truly be INTIMATE unless it’s in ALL CAPS) comes from Studio Roosegaarde, a “social design lab for interactive art, fashion, and architecture” based in China and the Netherlands. According to the project description on its website, the garment is intended to “explore the relationship between intimacy and technology.”
This dress becomes transparent when it detects you’re turned on (Daily Dot)
- “Saturday night, a small posse and I drove down to Long Beach, Calif., to catch the “Best of Hump! Tour.” For the uninitiated, Hump is an exhibitionist extravaganza hosted every year by sex columnist-turned-dirty-movie emcee Dan Savage in which ordinary folks become weekend porn stars, shooting sexually explicit short films designed to arouse and entertain a room full of like-minded strangers.”
Leave Your Hangups at Home: Hump! Amateur Porn Fest Hits the Road (Variety)
- An auction to sell off the Girls Gone Wild franchise’s assets was called off last week because there were no qualified overbids submitted to the bankruptcy trustee. In February, bankruptcy trustee R. Todd Neilson secured a stalking horse bid for $1.825 million to purchase the brand’s assets, including its trademarks, domain names and litigation rights, as well as its assumed liabilities.
TTIGirls Gone Wild Auction Called Off; No Competing OverbidsLE (XBIZ)
- “It’s been a while since we’ve seen shenanigans from American Apparel. But an image currently on their website promoting a new line of miniskirts features a women wearing a pleated miniskirt bent over exposing her underwear. And it caught our attention.”
Pervy Upskirt Shot Touts American Apparel Miniskirt Line (AdRants)
Take a few minutes to immerse your imagination in the works by Italian artist Federico Massimiliano Mozzano. The strangely moody ones you see here are from his “Embryo” series. Translated, he explains the Embryo series is: “… a metaphor, my reflection on human nature, bodies grown physically, but not yet completely independent, so there is who decides to rebel trying to rise to the surface, those who surrender dropping to the bottom, there are the undecided waiting to be convinced and those who remain comfortably still waiting for all steps.”