- Plans are afoot to develop an erotic entertainment attraction in Taiwan’s Southwest Coast National Scenic Area. The sex theme park — or “Garden of Eden” as it’s called in the proposal — will be modeled after other erotic parks around the world including Jeju’s Loveland in South Korea and Vigeland Park in Oslo, Norway.
A new sex park for Taiwan? (CNN; above image from Jeju via CYMT)
- Numbers throughout the murky world of human trafficking are notoriously hard to verify. How many traffickers? Uncountable! How many victims? So many! How old are they? Too young! Truthout looked at 50 of the most prominent domestic groups founded or organized to limit or eradicate human trafficking, or to assist trafficking victims: Many of the most frequently cited statements are easily disputed, if factual at all. There’s also no real evidence that human trafficking is growing.
Special Report: Money and Lies in Anti-Human Trafficking NGOs (TruthOut)
- For the past few years, campaigns against human sex trafficking have swelled in the days before the Super Bowl, largely because of the persistence of a claim that it’s the largest sex trafficking event in the country. But as it turns out, there is very little empirical evidence that speaks to this oft-repeated claim.
Does sex trafficking increase around the Super Bowl? (Tampa Bay Times/Politifact)
- In the case of articles on Wikipedia about human trafficking in Canada, there is virtually no opposition. The Wikipedia admin and campus ambassador Neelix has almost single-handedly defined this area on Wikipedia — and he is staunchly an anti-sex work abolitionist.
Unpaid Advocacy on Wikipedia (Wikipediocracy)
- Hot Kickstarter alert: Renowned photographer (and cover artist for two of my books) Steve Diet Goedde celebrates 25 years of his iconic erotic and fetish imagery with a deluxe retrospective book. His team is creating three volumes of iconic images from the Goedde archive and never before seen images from these now-legendary photo sessions featuring a legion of celebrated models (edited by Eric Kroll).
ARRANGEMENTS: 25 Years of Photography in 3 Volumes (pre-order, Kickstarter)
- If you’re a woman with a functioning vagina you already have a reliable supply of products to sell: your panties.
Get Cash For Your Undies: A How-To Guide For Enterprising Ladies On The Web (Animal NY)
- East coast blizzard hookups: Bored, hungry, and fearing for their lives, New Yorkers took to the internet in droves to try to find some companionship for the end-times. Here’s the crème de la crème of Craigslist love-seekers who were just trying to take this half-assed blizzard to bonetown. Links are wildly NSFW.
Man Who Wanted His Snow Shoveled, then Oral Sex, Is the Craigslist Blizzard Hookup Winner (Village Voice)
— Panteras Rosas ♦♦ (@PanterasRosas) January 30, 2015
- Ask many porn performers or producers willing to speak on the record about Pornhub, and they’ll likely give a response akin to the following, from indie performer and producer Courtney Trouble: “Fuck them. I don’t like their parent company [Mindgeek]. I don’t like them.”
What porn stars talk about when they talk about Pornhub (Daily Dot)
- Craig Brittain of Colorado Springs, Colo., who ran the revenge porn website isanybodydown.com (while running a scam revenge porn removal service for pictures he posted) settled with federal regulators, and got little more than a slap on the wrist.
FTC Settles Case Against ‘Revenge Porn’ Site Operator (ABC News)
- K&L Gates, a Pittsburgh-based law firm, is working with about 100 victims of revenge porn. Most of its clients come through the program’s website or referrals from two national advocacy groups for victims of revenge porn, the Cyber Civil Rights Initiative and Without My Consent (where I’m an Advisor).
Law Firm Founds Project to Fight ‘Revenge Porn’ (NYT)
BDSM and queer adult books, Bioshock. pic.twitter.com/Kd2sJK6M2F
— Violet Blue ® (@violetblue) January 30, 2015
- in a new CNN mini-doc web series titled “Sex, Drugs & Silicon Valley” the Bay Area tech scene lets its freak flag fly high for a national audience.
CNN Explores The Druggy, Trippy, And Poly Side Of Silicon Valley Geekdom (SFist)
- That sound you hear is the door being banged harder on the wedged foot of the adult biz. Not just content with strafing established workers, models, producers and any others connected to them, the biggest, most powerful and influential web companies are cutting off the oxygen to anything related to sex if it’s for pleasure.
Pornocalypse: The End Of The F*cking World? (BaDoink)
- Nuns from the Sisters of St. Charles in Chicago’s suburban Melrose Park are fed up over the Club Allure gentlemen’s club.
Nuns Say Strip Club Is Full of ‘High Friction,’ Want It Closed (XBIZ)
- Amped Asia got to interview Asian porn stars at Asian Model Palooza, and they said wacky porn star things.
The Uncensored Shit that Asian Porn Stars Say (Amped Asia)
- Former print journalists making their second feature (documentary Hot Girls Wanted), Bauer and Gradus follow five different young women active in the bustling Florida porn scene (most are 18 or 19 years old, though one two-year veteran is 25 and already a “MILF”).
Sundance Film Review: ‘Hot Girls Wanted’ (Variety)
- Though it’s had a huge surge in popularity at upscale spas over the past few years, like most “new” health trends, vaginal steaming has been around in some form or another for a very long time.
What Is Vagina Steaming? (Bustle)