- Vocativ.com posted a highly unique photo essay titled, “I’m in Love With a Sex Doll.” While the mainstream media has become increasingly wont to cover the popularity of realistic sex dolls for their sexual purposes, Vocativ’s photos highlight men — and women — who feel a deeper bond with their silicone mates.
Photo Essay Depicts Men Who Are in Love With Sex Dolls (XBIZ)
- Leslie Feinberg was a pioneer in trans and lesbian issues, workers rights, and intersectionality long before anyone could define the phrase. Feinberg’s partner, Minnie Bruce Pratt, and family offered The Advocate this obituary. As Mistress Morgana so perfectly put it, Rest in Power.
Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died (Advocate)
- While the “fuck-a-fan” trend isn’t a new one, the concept of bidding to be a porn star for a day is. “Now that porn is pushing more mainstream and the taboos are washing off of it, more people are anxious to try,” says Adult Verified Video Chat company spokesman Randy. “It’s like bragging rights.”
Sotheby’s for Sex: The Problem with Auctioning Off Sex with A Porn Star (Daily Beast)
- “Prostitution opponents love to promote images of abused hookers and human traffickers to trump up hostility towards sex work. While it’s true ill-intentioned criminals do exist and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, these conditions do not apply to the vast majority of sex workers. We should especially not conflate the sex industry with the abuses of human trafficking because it delegitimizes the workers and creates a moral panic that manifests itself in harmful legislation. The fact of the matter is that most sex workers enter the industry via their own consent and genuinely enjoy their work.”
Opinion: ‘Prostitutes Are People, Not Criminals’ by Belle Knox (Rolling Stone)
- Fur seals have been caught engaging in an extreme form of sexual behaviour. Specifically, trying to have sex with penguins. BBC warns, “You may find the videos in this story disturbing.”
Seals discovered having sex with penguins (BBC)
- The newest ebook from Digita Publications went on sale this weekend: Filthy Housewives (order direct) is an explicit erotic 80-page ebook that features sexually frustrated (modern) housewives figuring out what it takes to push their husbands over the line — and the book splits all sales with the authors evenly. Also released this weekend in the must-have erotic book sphere include Rachel Kramer Bussel’s Sex and Cupcakes.
Filthy Housewives (Digita Publications, Amazon)
- Is female Viagra a scam? The International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, which is largely funded by the pharmaceutical industry, had joined with Sprout Pharmaceuticals and other companies with skin in the game to develop two slick campaigns, “eventhescore.org” and “womendeserve.org,” which argued that the FDA’s failure to approve a drug to treat women’s sexual problems was “sexist.”
‘Pink Viagra’: The sham drug idea of the year (LA Times)
- Cindy Gallop considers Bitcoin: she finds that necessities like VC funding, bank accounts and video streaming platforms usually read “no adult content” in the small print. As many business owners do, Gallop is cautiously and slowly approaching the Bitcoin space. We thought we’d reach out to her and give her a warm crypto welcome.
Decentralizing Sex: Cindy Gallop Makes Love Not Porn (Cointelegraph)
- Over the past few years sex clubs have become increasingly common. You can find them in almost any major city and many suburban areas throughout the US. There are definite dos and don’ts that Popsugar apparently learned the hard way.
Sex Club Etiquette (Popsugar)
- In the UK last week, Luke King, a 21-year-old man from Nottingham, England, became the first man in Britain to be jailed for posting revenge porn. A 12-week sentence was handed down on Nov. 14, after King pleaded guilty to harassment, after posting revenge porn of his ex to WhatsApp. The woman had sent King the photo while they were dating. After the break-up, King threatened to upload the photo, which is when his ex reported him to police. Although he was warned by police that posting the image online would be a crime, King followed through with his threat in August.
Revenge Porn: Man Jailed In Britain As US Lawmakers Prepare New Legislation (TIME)
- Have you ever dreamed of having a bra that could change colors when you bumped boobs with a girlfriend? Yeah, we haven’t either.
Frozen Bra That Changes Color (Popsugar)
- Parents at an elite magnet school in Chicago are up in arms over a sex education program for fifth graders that talks frankly about female condoms and lube.
Parents Freak Out Because Chicago School’s Sex Ed Talks About Female Condoms (Think Progress)
- Online distributors of adult content in the U.K. will be forced to block R18 video-on-demand adult content before users are able to reach age-verified pay walls, according to a new law that goes into effect Dec. 1. What people will be prosecuted for is terrifying.
U.K. Imposes New Age-Verification Law Going Into Effect on Dec. 1 (XBIZ)
— Myles Jackman (@ObscenityLawyer) November 17, 2014
- Warning for survivors of sexual abuse and trauma: A woman named Joan Tarshis has come forward to describe how Bill Cosby drugged and assaulted her twice after she met him when she was 19 years old in 1969, describing his actions as rape. Tarshis appears to be the fifth woman to publicly accuse the comedian of sexual assault. Drugging women for sex was a repeat theme in his comedy routines.
Another Woman Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape (Slate)
- Warning for survivors of sexual abuse and trauma: Federal prosecutors say a Utah truck driver had four other victims in addition to the two women he is accused of keeping as sex slaves in his semi-trailer as he drove across the country.
Prosecutors: Utah trucker had 4 more sex slave victims (Fox News)
- See also: The Troubling Racial History Of Kim K’s Champagne Shot (Refinery 29)
Psst 2: I haven’t announced my Privacy Stickers yet, but we *just* finished the website tonight, half an hour ago!
- Paper’s successful publicity stunt involved Kim Kardashian’s ass, and then her breasts. (FWIW, I think she looks great.)
PAPERMAG: #NOFILTER: An Afternoon With Kim Kardashian (Paper)
- Google’s AdSense has told San Francisco news outlet The SF Appeal that it has three days to remove editorial content that violates its advertising policy, alleging — but not specifying — adult content. A Google spokesperson avoided the issue when contacted, which is that the advertising and search giant is in dangerous territory policing and penalizing the content of news organizations, among other targets whose existence relies on sensibly uncensored speech.
Google AdSense to news site: Change your content, or else (ZDNet)
- A turbulent night in New York City with porn’s boy-next-door: James Deen. An HIV scare, Rand Paul talking points, and a (maybe) proposition. Not a ringing endorsement to hang out with him, to say the least.
My Bizarre Night With James Deen, Libertarian Porn Star (Daily Beast)
— Jesse Bering (@JesseBering) November 12, 2014
- Now that many Australian states have legalised prostitution, women are buying sex in increasing numbers. Women buy services through agencies with rigorous recruitment processes, such as Aphrodisiac male escorts in Melbourne, run by two Australian mothers in their mid-40s and which provides prostitutes to professional middle-aged women.
Male escorts and female sexuality (Aeon Magazine)
- In the land of the boom-and-bust oligarchs, hopeful girls sign up for Oliona’s training school to learn how to snag a Moscow millionaire.
Russia’s Gold Digger Academy (Daily Beast)
- Emily Quinn is a 25-year-old animator who works at Cartoon Network. She is also intersex. For her this means that, while she has a perfectly normal-looking vagina, it’s not a uterus and ovaries she has inside—it’s a pair of testes.
I’m Intersex and My Body Works Just Fine, Thank You (Vice)
- A gender neutral sex toy: Created by Picobong, the Swedish brand owned by luxury sex toy company Lelo, the Transformer is a 24-inch piece of firm but flexible silicone. Depending on how you bend and twist the Transformer, it can be used as a rabbit vibe, a G-spot stimulator, a prostate massager—the list goes on and on.
This new sex toy doesn’t care what’s in your pants (Daily Dot)
- Rick Perry got trolled by liberal Dartmouth College students who objected to the conservative Republican governor’s presence on campus.
‘Would You Have Anal Sex For $102 Million?’ Ask Dartmouth Students Trolling Rick Perry (The New Civil Rights Movement)
- Wow. “Last month, I wrote a story lamenting the sorry lack of quality porn for women. I am now here to tell you… I was wrong. Very wrong. Shamefully wrong. And I’m not too proud to admit it.”
Where’s All The Good Porn For Women? 4 Female Adult Film Producers Weigh In (Ravishly)
- Did your last hotel offer blow jobs, threesomes bondage or roleplaying? Welcome to Sheri’s Ranch, a brothel that doubles as a full-service sex resort.
A Real-Life Madam Takes Us Inside Her Brothel (The Blot)
- “On my latest adventure, I invited Ms. Anthrope to join me — a professional provocateur whose specialties include spanking, public humiliation, golden showers and body worship. As a practicing domme, she brought along a submissive whom she tied up and led through the city streets.”
Into the Night with a Professional Provocateur (Nerve, image above via)
- As Germany continues to debate the legalization of prostitution a decade ago, Dreyer is promising to make it safer and reduce exploitation. In 2009 he and his two brothers founded Kaufmich.com, a social networking site for sex workers.
German start-up brings new meaning to safe sex [work] (USA Today)
- “My daily Truvada regimen is called PrEP, or Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis. That means I take it now, while I’m HIV-negative, and it prevents infection if I’m exposed to the virus.”
The Case for PrEP, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love HIV-Positive Guys (Seattle Stranger)
- The character’s name is only Uterus Man. Swinging babies on umbilical cords and firing infants from an orifice that is formed by putting his feet together, Uterus Man fights kaiju (humanoid monsters) and runs through a disease-themed video game.
Superhero Uterus Man Will Blow A Hole In Your Mind With An XY Chromosome Attack (Animal NY)
- The work of one Wikipedia artist with his eye on the erogenous is as creepy and unsettling as Wikipedia’s own workings. He goes by SeedFeeder, and almost all of his drawings are sexually explicit.
The Weirdest Sex Illustrator You’ve Never Heard Of (NSFW) (Huffington Post)
- Extreme trigger warning here for survivors of sexual trauma and assault (and people who care about them). I just have to ask, what the fuck is wrong with American sports coaches!?
The Sex-Abuse Scandal Plaguing USA Swimming (Outside Online)
Support indies! Pre-order my next book Filthy Housewives ($3.89); profits are split with all authors!
- Yay! Ms Naughty made a short documentary about the 2014 Berlin Porn Film Festival, the 9th edition. This film gives a brief overview of this year’s famous porn film festival, with snippets of some of the films, interviews and video of some filmmaker in focus sections.
9. Berlin Porn Film Festival 2014 (Ms. Naughty’s Vimeo channel)
- “Sources said that after leaving the room, Peter sighed, concluded his family members were simply at those ages, and decided never to discuss the incident with them.”
Local Teen Walks In On Family Masturbating (The Onion)
- There are only so many ways to wrap a penis in plastic, but that hasn’t stopped a new crop of prophylactic engineers from trying to exhaust them all.
Scroguard, Galactic Cap, and More: Will Anyone Wear Normal Condoms In the Future? (Daily Beast)
- One of the developers of the contraceptive pill has predicted his own invention will become redundant as more people choose to be sterilised, making sex purely recreational by 2050.
‘Sex will be just for fun by 2050 as we all switch to IVF,’ Pill inventor claims (Independent UK)
— Andre Shakti (@AndreShakti) November 10, 2014
- In a new study — the first of its kind on transgender men — 41 participants reveal how it feels to be male and pregnant.
Transgender Men Who Become Pregnant Face Social, Health Challenges (NPR)
- Being gay in Iran is against the law – in fact, being gay can cost you your life as Iran is one of 10 countries which has the death penalty as the maximum punishment for homosexuality. However, Iranian authorities seem to find the idea of being transgender as acceptable. Thus, they assume that those with homosexual feelings is simply a case of being born in the wrong body.
Being Gay In Iran Means Getting A Sex Change (The New Civil Rights Movement; also on BBC)
- Some 22 contestants from 18 countries competed in the week-long event for the crown of Miss International Queen 2014 in Thailand’s transgender beauty pageant in Pattaya November 7, 2014.
Transgender Beauty Pageant in Pattaya (Design You Trust; gallery on Reuters)
Tim Curry takes a break while filming ''The Rocky Horror Picture Show'', circa 1974. pic.twitter.com/Y4xp3rmGlz
— Historical Pics (@HistoricalPics) November 8, 2014
- LaSalle University Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice, Dr. Kathleen Bogle says that media coverage of something like sex bracelets, where the color of a bracelet a kid will wear supposedly indicates the sexual activity they have engaged in, or rainbow parties, does more to further the urban legend than to expose actual behavior.
LaSalle Professor And Author: Fears Around Teen Sexual Behavior Are Vastly Overstated (CBS Philly)
- There’s a surprising amount of sex talk within the evangelical community. A vast industry is dedicated to publishing Christian self-help books with titles like The Gift of Sex and Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse.
The Warrior Wives of Evangelical Christianity (The Atalantic)
- Irish ad agency EightyTwenty just launched a new campaign on Tinder that uses several fake profiles of actresses portraying women supposedly forced into sex work in the country. Most problematic is the conflation of human trafficking with consensual sex work.
A group that wants to ban all sex work in Ireland is making fake Tinder profiles (The Verge)
- In the summer of 1964 when Sharon Bernstein Peyton was 18 years old, she saw an ad for the new Baltimore Playboy Club opening. Ultra Swank sits down to talk to her about glamour, ambitions, sex and the legend in the silk pajamas.
Interview: Confessions of a Playboy Bunny (Ultra Swank)
- More and more technophilic and commitment-phobic millennials are shying away from physical encounters and supplanting them with the emotional gratification of virtual quasi relationships, flirting via their phones and computers with no intention of ever meeting their romantic quarry: less casual sex than casual text.
With Some Dating Apps: Less Casual Sex Than Casual Text (NYT)
- DILFs (acronym: “Dad’s I’d Like to Fuck”) of Disneyland is a thing.
DILFs of Disneyland (Instagram)
Psst: My next book Filthy Housewives ($3.89) is now available for pre-order!
- Whitney Westgate, Ryan D. – All Oiled Up (above image via)
- Emily Grey, Dylan Snow – Passionate Awakening
- Alessandra Jane, Matt Ice – Hardcore Passion
- Halle Von, Van Wylde – Intimate Session
- Sicilia and Noleta – For Your Love
- Cassidy Klein Casts Kaylee Haze (with a kindly gentleman friend)
- Summer Carter, Taylor Whyte, Ryan Driller – My Two Tiny Girlfriends
- Janice Griffith, Riley Reid – Too Fucking Cute
- Kristall Rush, genleman friend – Backdoor Loving