I found Barcelona, Spain based Gunsmithcat’s Deviant Art page by way of Sex In Art, and it’s kind of like erotic art junk food: it’s hard to stop picking through it all even when it’s not exactly to taste.
I found his work so compelling I made it all the way to his Blogspot blog, but some if it may offend – so be warned.
Belgium based B-Classic has started The Classical Comeback Video: “a new music video format that gives classical music the same recognition as pop and rock music by combining the timeless emotion of classical music with the visual talent of a contemporary director.” It’s open to submissions. “The Classical Comeback is a creative format open to anyone” and they have just a few rules, such as submission length under five minutes.
Above is the first entry for the project, Dvořák – Symphony No. 9 Allegro con fuoco in E-Minor (From the new world – Smetana The Moldau IV Allegro con fuoco, Herbert Von Karajan & Wiener Philharmoniker, Deutsche Grammophone – Universal Music). It’s directed by Raf Reyntjens with choreography by Ari & Miu (Waveya). And, it has been making the rounds on blogs and linkbait sites without any of its interesting context or explanations. B-Classic tells us,
Raf Reyntjens shot B-classic’s first Classical Comeback video in South Korea. Where the local Wayeva group performed their unique choreography on Dvorak’s New World. Asia today is what America was 100 years ago: the new world. Great composers like Dvorak did write their music for everyone. Their goal was to give people a break, let them escape from reality and to move them.
Don’t get hacked. Make safe online profiles. Fight back against harassment. Learn how in my new book The Smart Girl’s Guide to Privacy (also on iTunes).
- Right now, beards are in, but a team of scientists suggest we may be nearing “peak beard.” This is more than just a bit of a fashion advice—the fact that we’re so fickle about facial hair says something interesting about human sexual selection.
What “Peak Beard” Says About Human Sexual Selection (Smithsonian Magazine)
- Warning: extreme animal cruelty warning in this story. A second adult fetish model was arrested Wednesday for her role in a series of porn videos that Miami-Dade police say depicted the decapitation of chickens and deaths of other animals. Her arrest comes less than two weeks after authorities charged another model, Sara Zamora, 28, with eight felony counts of animal cruelty.
Model in Miami-Dade animal torture porn case granted bond (Miami Herald)
- Since 1983, Larry Flynt has sent the monthly magazine he founded, Hustler, to each and every member of Congress. Following the complaints from 264 congressional offices in 1984, the U.S. Postal Service asked the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to block the mailings. But that request failed when the court ruled two years later that the delivery of the magazine could not be stopped.
Why Every Member of Congress Gets a Monthly Porn Delivery (NAME)
- “I think this woman is wrong about something on the Internet. Clearly my best course of action is to threaten her with rape.” That’s crazy talk, right? So why does it happen all the time? Honest question, dudes.
Fake Geek Guys: A Message to Men About Sexual Harassment (Comics Alliance)
- “For reasons too complex and bizarre to explain in full, I found myself needing to learn the craft of ballooning such that I could create sculptures of genitalia to support a lecture series at a museum. Such a ludicrous skill should not be kept secret, so I shall share it here. What follows is a not at all safe for work guide to balloon making.”
NSFW Balloon Animals (Mad Art Lab, thanks JWZ!)
- “Earlier today, scientists announced they’d discovered an insect with a new kind of female sex organ. It looks a bit like a penis, and is called a gynosome. But almost every news outlet covered the story by describing the insects as “females with penises.” This isn’t just painfully wrong — it’s bad for science.”
Your Penis Is Getting in the Way of My Science (i09)
- All due respect to this writer, but she got the headline wrong. Mr. Harvey does not need to have a seat, Mr. Harvey needs to shut the fuck up.
Why Steve Harvey Needs to Have a Seat (HuffPo)
- Sex Criminals is a great comic, and one that was hit with unfair bullshit by Apple censors, but this is another wrong headline. The first two things stated about sex in this article are astonishingly incorrect. There is a G-spot (so much science on this!) and the mechanics of female pleasure are not elusive.
The Man Behind the Comic Book That Finally Got Sex Right (WIRED)
- In an area where the sexually active are ashamed to buy condoms, it’s no surprise an estimated 1.6M Kenyans struggle with HIV/AIDS. Nairobi-based Center for African Family Studies (CAFS) teamed up with Kenyan artist Michael Soi to create a funky condom line with pop art-inspired packaging. The NGO came up with the idea after posting pictures of glow-in-the-dark, printed, and flavored condoms obtained from a Capetown HIV conference on Facebook. Youth started to call and ask where they could purchase them…
Kenyan NGO Promotes Safe Sex Thru Colorful Condom Wrappers (ClutchMag)
- Spreadsheets (the sex activity app that analyzes data from movement and audio levels using your phone’s accelerometer and microphone) previously gave us a state-by-state breakdown of sex and now they’ve gone global with the data. As a country, the U.S. has the most sex with an average of 3 minutes and 45 seconds. China is #2 in amount of sex but is a full minute behind us.
Map shows which country has the most sex and which has the longest sex (Sploid/Gizmodo)
Fashion porn alert: Davide Ambroggio’s Dominant Femme in Bambi Magazine XVI begins here at image 83, and the whole set is pretty fucking sexy.